Energizer 1 watt LED

pfccypret

Newly Enlightened
So me and the finance were at Target and before we left, I made sure we stopped by the flashlight light section.

Selection at Target is always decent, mostly cheap brands supplemented by a few Inova flashlights and maglites. Since I do not own an Inova, I was looking at the XO (for the 30th time). Seems bright enough, well constructed. I have been thinking about pulling the trigger for 6 months and finally decided to purchase it. My finance highly advised me that it would not be a good purchase. Since my birthday is on Tuesday, I figured I am getting that light (I have hinted that I wanted it in the past).

A flashlight on the birthday is great and all, but I was not leaving Target without a flashlight. So I looked over the rack, the usual assortment of Maglites, off brands and Brinkmanns present.

I own about 10 maglites and a brinkmann, so I glanced over the off brands. They looked nice, but meh, nothing special. Finally I decided to grab the Energizer 1 watt LED. The package promised a bright light and it comes with two AA batteries. $19.99.

We got home and I unwrapped the flashlight and tried it out at normal room lighting. Certainly not the best LED light on the market but better then I expected. I then took the light down into the basement (pitch black). It lit up the basement well enough. I could see across the basement just fine and well enough to move around without trouble and find what ever I may be looking for. It had a very bright corona and decent spill. I then took the flashlight outside and did some informal tests. Lit the neighbors house pretty good. Definitely well enough to clearly see someone across the street.

All and all, pretty good light. Construction seems sounds, light is bright enough and it takes AA batteries. Not best in class, but good value for the price. There are probably better $20 flashlights in existence, but I am pleasantly surprised with my purchase.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For a store purchase light, the Energizer 1 watt is pretty good.

I think for you next purchase, you should look at a Cree XR-E LED, Seoul P4 or Rebel 100 LED light. Something from Dealextreme that has been getting pretty good reviews here. Look at the WF-606, MTE Seoul or the 3W Seoul.

I think you might be more pleased if you got a Dereelight DBS(yes it is almost 6 times the price of the energizer 1 watt, that is not including the 18650 batteries or charger, but you will understand the price difference when you receive the light) with the Q5 module for your birthday. It will destroy all the lights you have in throw and output.

Look to start modifying you Maglites if you have time.

As long as you are glad with your purchase, it is money well spent.

DaveG

Enlightened
I have a Energizer 1-watt also,for the price its not a bad light.As said its better than I thought it would be.

pfccypret

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix light, has a rebel LED. I'm not really into modding, just not something that interests me. I also have been looking at that Ultrafire, but haven't gotten around to ordering it yet. I'm mostly interested in Streamlights and Surefires since that are mostly what I use at work.

As for the Energizer, I have purchased LED lights for stores in the past (an Ace Hardware LED comes to mind) and they have just been horrible, no throw, barely lights up anything. So I was very pleasantly surprised with the Energizer.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have one all wrapped up in grip tape sitting here on my desk.

I think one could do a LOT worse than getting one of these. The body seems tough as an anvil and the reverse clickie is positive and feels good.

The LED in mine is white shading ever so slightly to blue/pink. Not nearly enough tint shift to irritate me.

It seems to be a cousin to if not brother of the Streamlight Tasklight and Twin Task series and there isn't much wrong with those lights either.