Titanium Cell Phone Antenna on Ebay. Comment?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you think these things really work to give you a better signal, or is it just a way to part you with about $10?

Thanks!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Titanium wont make a bit of difference as far as your reception is concerned. It's there purely for show. If you like how it looks then it's worth the money if not then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But don't let them tell you that titanium somehow makes it a better antenna.

I recently got a replacement antenna for my motorola star tac from the guy at the mall. He tried to sell me the titanium one too, but I didn't buy it. As far as I can tell this antenna works as good as the stock one did that broke off. But it's definitely not any better.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Well, titanium could be extremely important if you drive your car with the top down while going over Mach 3. At those speeds, the air flow would heat an aluminum antenna up to the point where it might sag.

Titanium would also be handy if you were using your cell phone antenna to defuse magnetic detonated mines, and you needed to reduce the weight of the antenna so that you could be launched into space to do this.