Where to find aftermarket body & accy's for Fenix? (L2D)

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like most everything about my L2D (well, not the SOS mode) but I would like a knurled body. Does anybody make aftermarket replacement parts and accessories for Fenix? A crenellated bezel would be nice, too...

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leef sells some replacement bodies (i.e., clickie body for P1D)...available on Lighthound. They look nice but are a bit pricey (it is a custom job afterall).

There were some bodies available (e.g., 3AA) through the Fenix-store as well.

In general, though Fenix lights arent really designed for a lot of customization (e.g., epoxied leds, no threads on bezel, etc.).

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the post -> I found the Lighthound offerings you mentioned.

Wow, as popular as Fenix lights are, I'll bet there's a demand for extended aftermarket accessories if someone would take on that project.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
One trick you can do with the L2D is add an inner tube skin for good grip:

l2d100andl1tv2uj5.jpg

supes

Enlightened
I'm all for more aftermarket parts for Fenix lights but I think an issue is the cost, because custom small run parts aren't cheap, and would probably cost as much as the light. Unless, another Asian company/manufacturer makes it.

TAD gear has some strike/crenelated type bezels for some of the Fenix lights. I think 1AA and 2AA.

drmaxx

Enlightened
Agreed...I've been trying to stir interest in alternative Fenix holsters. I can't believe there isn't more interest in alternative Fenix accessories.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/173733
Wow, just read through that old threat. Just can not believe how much heat you got for not liking the original fenix holster! It sure does it's job, but its not a quality item that will last for years (it's an elastic afterall!).

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fully Pimped P3D

Sooo... you can fully pimp your $62-67 P3D with a tactical body, a crenellated bezel, and a kydex sheath for about +$90.

What else could we do...?