What happened to the rexlight v2.1

gravityz

Enlightened
it seems that it dissappeared from the face of the earth
Kaidomain does not have it
Lighthound now shows that it is not available anymore but it was just brandnew

i would not be supprised if they were bought by Jetbeam and are gonna be relabeled

since the jetbeam mkII.r is still not out while it should have been out there.

maybee i see it al wronf but what other reason is there for not selling a product?

if anybody knows please enlighten us.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
No clue about the Rexlight.
But JETBeam stated over in the marketplace:

Everything is ready for the releasing of MK.II R, only for the Q4 LED to arrive, will release within these few days. Thanks!

So perhaps you only have to hold out for a week (or three).
:welcome:

Bigsy

Enlightened
Yesterday, from that link for $40.

Seems odd that kaidomain isn't stocking it.... but is from that link??? I'm confused now. I assume kaidomain is trustworthly so if it really isn't available then I'll get refund from them.

...but heard nothing yet...

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wanted to get this light but I was turned off by the constant delays, missed promises, etc. The first Rexlight 2.1 delivered to a CPF user had lots of problems...it was eventually replaced, but you've got to wonder if they give out bad test lights, what is a regular customer likely to get!

I did some additional reading/research...the development of the Rexlight 2.0 was a complete disaster (many CPF users called it a 'fiasco'), taking much longer than promised.

There are a lot of much more professional and serious manufacturers out there...the marketplace is weeding out the weaker ones and leaving the rest.

I'm sure Kai will eventually deliver the light ordered, but they don't have the business practices to be more than a bit player.

Last edited:

gravityz

Enlightened
hopefully there will be good alternatives to the rexlight.

they say the jetbeam mkII.r will be 20% more efficient than the previous x version. for brightness this will probably be a good(better) alternative
i do not know if that 20% brings it into the same league as the rexlight when it comes down to runnig on a battery for a long time.

since he thing is not out there we will have to wait until somebody buys it and tests the runtime

Gatsby

Enlightened
I'm glad someone asked - I read that update thread and thought it was a pretty solid UI concept and would be a player - but it appears to be vaporware at this point.

I bought a Liteflux LF5 instead, a light which I enjoy more and more as I use it.

gravityz

Enlightened
I'm glad someone asked - I read that update thread and thought it was a pretty solid UI concept and would be a player - but it appears to be vaporware at this point.

I bought a Liteflux LF5 instead, a light which I enjoy more and more as I use it.

So if anynody who is responsible for selling the rexlight reads this

YOU BETTER GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER
include free shipping etc

no way in hell i am gonna spend money on this light unless a respectable company is selling it.

Both kaidomain and Lighthound are NOT in this category.

for now my only options are dealextreme since they ship for free(shipping to the netherlands is not expensive if you use usps but most people try to rip you of charging $40 for it)

BobbyRS

Enlightened
So if anynody who is responsible for selling the rexlight reads this

YOU BETTER GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER
include free shipping etc

no way in hell i am gonna spend money on this light unless a respectable company is selling it.

Both kaidomain and Lighthound are NOT in this category.

for now my only options are dealextreme since they ship for free(shipping to the netherlands is not expensive if you use usps but most people try to rip you of charging $40 for it)

No need to start bashing; especially resellers light Lighthound. They are an exceptional company to order from. Do more reading around here and you will see that Lighthound is really a respectful company. Really fast shipping for those of us in the US.

gravityz

Enlightened
No need to start bashing; especially resellers light Lighthound. They are an exceptional company to order from. Do more reading around here and you will see that Lighthound is really a respectful company. Really fast shipping for those of us in the US.

OK let me put it this way.

ANY respectable company should at least explain why the rexlight is not sold anymore. just one simple act and it avoids a lot of problems

instead they act like nothing is going on
believe me i have asked them and the only response it
"at the moment we do not have it in stock"

be honest please

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lighthound is a great company...the problems are not Lighthound's fault. The distributor of the Rexlight reneged on a promise and changed agreed pricing terms. Typical of that distributor...make promises and don't keep them.

gravityz

Enlightened
:poof:
Lighthound is a great company...the problems are not Lighthound's fault. The distributor of the Rexlight reneged on a promise and changed agreed pricing terms. Typical of that distributor...make promises and don't keep them.

now we are getting somewere.
if lighthound only put something on their website al this speculation could have been avoided

i asked them about the rexlight and they responded that they would be getting lights in any day now. if they just communicated that there are deliveryproblems everybody would have been satisfied for the moment.

You see if companies decide not to communicate they have to realize that that action alone is sending out a message(thus they still communicate but not the message they want to spread)

i do not blame lighthound and kaidomain for the rexlight issues but al i ask is that they communicate if there are any issues the public needs to know about.

let's see where the rexlight eventually will pop up again.
i can not believe that a brand will go to so much trouble asking people what to change about the design, what memoryfunctions they like and do nothing with it.
i can tell you this. at the moment rexlight has an advantage when compared to other lights but this will change quickly

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I was looking forward to the v2.1 module. Might be a nice upgrade. My v2.0 gets a lot of use with Eneloops and seems very much worth the $30 price. Not sure I'd change it.

Geoff

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK let me put it this way.

ANY respectable company should at least explain why the rexlight is not sold anymore. just one simple act and it avoids a lot of problems

instead they act like nothing is going on
believe me i have asked them and the only response it
"at the moment we do not have it in stock"

be honest please

Lighthound has an impeccable reputation here. I think you are the first and only person I've ever seen make a complaint. Perhaps they don't know what is going on with the Rexlight. If there info from the Rex supplier is as confusing and full on B.S. as it was from Kaidomain than you can't blame them for anything they have stated or not stated. They are just a retailer and retailers can't know everything that is going on with suppliers at all times. Suppliers will sometimes say anything to keep a retailer hanging on.

fasuto

Enlightened

Agree, Lighthound is one of the very best sites and very comunicative. I purchased sometimes from it without any problems (one time a defective item, but they solved correctly). Past week I ordered from him again, 5 days to arrive here in Spain.
Also shipping isn't expensive.

Kaidomain is in the other side of the coin.

Rexlight is not a bad light, but the are another high contenders, like Liteflux, Olight, etc.