Fenix T1 - What is known about this upcoming light?

Enlightened
How much is known about this upcoming light from Fenix?

Edit: I have posted this below as well for those following the thread.

Guys, I need to ask you all to PLEASE not email fenix-store.com about these lights. They do not have any information on them, at least not that they can confirm. All the emails just clog up their mailboxes and take time to respond to them saying that they don't know anything and this is time that they could use more productively for other stuff, like shipping out products and handling the occasional return (or catching up the engraving backlog).

Again, they are NOT able tell us anything at all about them and email is just a waste of your time and theirs. If I need to, I will ask the mods to close or delete this thread. At this point I am starting to regret having started this thread as it seems to have caused some problems. I just didn't know at the time I did so that there was nothing known about it before now.

I'm sure an announcement will be forthcoming when the light is finalized, so let's just let it drop for now, shall we?

Last edited:

Enlightened
From Fenix. I had emailed them to ask about the IPX8 rating on the lights (which, btw, they clarified to be 1.5 meters for 30 minutes) and after they replied decided to throw a few more questions at them.

Here is the email I sent them.

I do have a few more questions I hope you can clear up for us over there.

1) What is the reason for the 10 minute limit on turbo for the new Rebel based lights that the Cree based ones dont have and what exactly is meant by "high ambient temperatures"?

2) Are you looking at coming out with a headlamp? With your quality and technology. I believe it would be popular and would be one of if not THE best headlamp on the market.

3) Do you have plans for any lights with a higher output than the P3D Rebel's 200 lumens anytime in the near future, either single LED or with an array of two or more LEDs?

4) Do you guys look at consumer suggestions? Specifically do you have anyone who reads the candlepowerforums? There are a lot of people there who would gladly make sugggestions on what they would like to see and how your products can be improved still further. Your products, along with Surefire, are probably the most popular. It would be an easy way to get an educated consumer focus group without having to pay out large amounts of money, only a small donation to the board would be required. I can guarantee you would be welcomed there with open arms.

Their answers were

1) Because of heat buildup and and that high ambient temperature means high temperature environment (real helpful there...not)

2) They are planning to produce a headlamp but right now they're focusing on their new model, the T1. I will quote that part of the response below.

3) They just released the P3D Q5 which is 215 lumens max. Not exactly what I was getting at, but technically right so fair enough.

4) They do come here to read the reviews and what people are saying and try to improve their products according to people's suggestions. I was hoping they would have someone from corporate with an official presence here (not that there's anything wrong with 4sevens, I was just thinking someone closer in to the company in China who could more easily make things happen).

Fenix said:
(2) Thank you for the trust on us ,and I will pass the idea to our manager, and we also have the plan to produce headlamp, but for the moment, we put most of the energy to the new model, namely T1, and with it, I believe we can make the consumer more satisfied with the innovation and quality. I would be happy to keep you updated when T1 come out.

I have asked them to keep me updated and am trying to get any information they're willing to give us about the light, but that's all I've got right now.

Fenris

Enlightened
You'd think they could come up with something original besides T1.:thinking:

Although Inova isn't exactly an innovator in the naming department either, since they like to reuse their own designations.

Enlightened
You'd think they could come up with something original besides T1.:thinking:

Although Inova isn't exactly an innovator in the naming department either, since they like to reuse their own designations.

When did Inova get into the discussion? This is a Fenix. Then again, they don't seem particularly creative either. Somehow, flashlights don't often seem to inspire really creative names.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the email mentions it multiple times, so it is probably not a typographical error. I wonder if they are bringing out proper military-spec flashlights. Or even incandescents!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the email mentions it multiple times, so it is probably not a typographical error. I wonder if they are bringing out proper military-spec flashlights. Or even incandescents!

I highly doubt they would get away from the highly efficient LEDS they currently use.
I haven't heard anything myself but the T might stand for tactical.

Fenix really needs to come up with some truely new designs. I would love a single 18650 with three modes (super low,medium,very high) all fully regulated and a similar size to the P3D with a Q5. My absolute favorite light would be a 2C with similar qualities, but I doubt that will ever come to life since they stick to smaller cells.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
please let us know if/when you get any updates for the fenix T1.

btw, inova came into the discussion because they've had a light called T1.:)

Enlightened
Ah, okay. Well I was able to glean a little more, but I'm not going to reveal my source at the moment. Anyways, according to them, the T1 is going have a turbo head, that is, it is going to have a larger head and be designed to give more throw than their standard designs do.

mchlwise

Enlightened
Ah, okay. Well I was able to glean a little more, but I'm not going to reveal my source at the moment. Anyways, according to them, the T1 is going have a turbo head, that is, it is going to have a larger head and be designed to give more throw than their standard designs do.

It's sounding like something similar to the new JetBeam Jet-II.

:whistle:

Saiga

Enlightened
"So Fenix may be jumping on the super throw bandwagon?"

as it seems that a market for these has been established, you'd think surefire would jump on this "bandwagon", as well. then, i wish they'd jump on the under-$100 bandwagon, too !!

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'd think they could come up with something original besides T1
You're right. How about T-X? :p

I'm interested in this T1. Fenix seem to have the small-light market covered up, with both AA and 123 models. Could they be gearing up to build something bigger, maybe U2-style (head larger than body with bigger reflector)?
Oh well, I guess only time will tell.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix T1,
Exotic name ;) Wonder if it means tactical so they will make a very strong light with a larger head? Hopefully, it won't mean CR123A lithium battery only... have Eneloops waiting.

Phaetos

Enlightened
Hmmmm .. T1 ... = T One - Tone or T-One or Ton? Just trying to make something catchy out of it :tinfoil: