Traders Village DFW; merchandise for people by people.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
When was the last time you went to one of these?
http://www.tradersvillage.com/en/grandprairie

It was 1990 when I went there last.
I even live in Grand Prairie arleady. :ohgeez:
I just went last Sunday and loved it! :)
I will be going there a lot more now.

Better late than never I guess. :p

In 1990, the Mayfield rd entrance was the only way in or out.
Now that has changed greatly and significantly. :wow:

The nearby festival marketplace almost worked until the old mall air conditioner failed in 6-28-2005.
Everyone there was told to pack up and split.
The old forum 303 mall is now almost torn down as Traders Village only becomes an even greater success.
It was the eastern end of traders village that was open in 1990.
Now there is a large area to the north and west that is also open now.

This flea market is nationally recognized from what I hear and as of this last Sunday, I now believe it! :eek:oo:

See ya'll there someday.

Last edited:

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Traders Village flea markets?

Now that brings back some memories. We went one or twice when we lived in FortWorth in the late 70's

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old entrance on the south end is now just one of several now.
It has really spread out bigtime.
The older area is still there with the garage style metal buildings.
But now it has grown hugely to the west and north.
There is just no way to cover this whole monstrosity in one day now. :eek:oo:

I will be going back over the next few weekends to try to cover the rest. ;)

There are retailers comparable to what is found in any shopping mall at cheaper prices.
Especially when it comes to clothing and shoes.
There are also people selling thier excess posessions from thier old beat up vans too.
Older stereos, tv's and electronics at bargain prices that are still negotiable. :thumbsup:
Flashlights were what was lacking though. :huh2:
Someone ought to fix that imho. :help:

Still, I love flea markets again now. :)
This one blows away all the ones I found in Oklahoma combined imho. :rock:

Last edited:

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I will.
I have driven by there many times when I was running the Tyler route a while back, but never had time until recently.

:popcorn:

beetleguise

Enlightened
Everyone tells me I need to go. What kind of stuff did you buy there? I know you can find a little of everything. I am sure I could find something I "need", but I am the kind of person who hates to go to a store without a item I want in mind. I hate the idea of just looking. The problem is that I usually buy a whole bunch of stuff that really isn't necessary! They tell me you can buy beer there! LOL!

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went there on the Sunday after the Dallas get together in September. I was very disappointed. I had also gone back in the 90s when we lived in Mesquite. I remember there being a much better variety of items offerred. This time, there seemed to be the same exact items offerred by lots of vendors. It's almost like they all went to the same wholesaler and just set up on differrent rows. And the vendors seemed to be mostly businesses volume selling cheap new stuff. Not very many seemed to be real flea market people selling decent used stuff cheaply. When we were there in September, my mother even commented on how you didn't see many people carrying bags of items around as they were looking. The only people carrying anything had just one item and were obviously hustling for the exit. Not like they were looking for flea market bargains but like they came specifically just to get that one item.

Maybe it's just my faulty memory, but I think it was a lot better flea market back in the 90's. More variety and a much funner shopping experience.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same thing happening at gun shows. Lot's of folks taking advantage of the late night TV "knife shows" where you buy 177 knives for $98. Then you pay $80 for a table in line with 8 other guys who've bought the same stuff. Cheap optics and 9led lights, too.