Looking for light to replace Fenix P1 on keychain.

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
I'm looking for something that takes 1 123A, I was looking at the E1L/E1E, but the output listed on the specs look kind of low. But that's why I'm asking you guys. What kind of light should I get to replace the P1. I am hoping for 2 of these 3: High output, reliability (This will be my main backup/EDC), and long runtime.

Edit: I think I mainly don't like the P1 because of the blueish/purple tint that I have.

Edit: Also would much prefer a tailcap than a twistie.

Last edited:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like the interface, go for a Fenix P1-CE. This will be twice as bright for the same runtime. Also, a typical Cree is much whiter than a Lux III.

But you say you would prefer a tailcap light. Look through Fenix-Store.com and take your pick. Although I fear that in keychain form, you may be restricted to the P2D-CE for size.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'd go for the P2D-CE Q5. Tailcap clickie, Turbo mode for brightness and low for long runtime. Reliability should be good, but there is a potentially annoying flash when you start the light on low.

For a keychain, the L0D-CE might be better but it's a twistie.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
you could contact datiLED to mod your P1 with a seoul with your preference of tint.

the P1 will become twice as bright with nice tint.

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Does the P2D-CE Q5 have the problem that the L2D-CE has? The problem with like the faulty contacts. I used to like my L2D, but the changing of modes when it is jolted and stuff is bothering me.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had a problem with faulty contacts on my two P2D CEs but they are noticebly longer than the P1 and that might make a difference on your keychain.The LOD CE might be worth considering.Longer than the P1 but shorter than the P2D and the diameter is considerably smaller than either of those lights.The LOD CE is a twisty but I find it easier to manipulate than the P1.The output of the LOD CE with an lithium energizer is comparable to that of the P1, of course you also have low power modes with the LOD CE.The P2D is considerably brighter than the LOD CE though.Hope this helps.

Dantor

Enlightened
I just got a lumpower hunter M3, the "lego" light :D for being able to use all the variations! one battery, two;
AAs, CR123, NiMH etc. and it comes with 2 tail clickies, one glow in the dark. one black. it has a nice, clean white light but others may be brighter and it's not small! :

2dj798j.jpg

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for something that takes 1 123A, I was looking at the E1L/E1E, but the output listed on the specs look kind of low. But that's why I'm asking you guys. What kind of light should I get to replace the P1. I am hoping for 2 of these 3: High output, reliability (This will be my main backup/EDC), and long runtime.

Edit: I think I mainly don't like the P1 because of the blueish/purple tint that I have.

Edit: Also would much prefer a tailcap than a twistie.
Get a Lummi Wee. Best and smallest keychain light ever made!

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Actually, I think I'm gonna wait a couple of months to see what comes out. Thanks for the replies though

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Well, the wait is for the keychain, but if something that interests me comes out then I'm all over it.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a P1 - although I misread the initial lumen output. Oops.

But I'm thinking about hooking a Leef body like so - http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2655

I just need to make sure the P1 head will still function with a P1D body - I don't know if the LED unit is roughly the same size or not.

-Medina

Edit: Nooooo! Looks like it will fit - which is another $60 or so in the near future. :D

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys have weird standards for keychain lights. I've always thought that P1s and the likes were EDC sized lights, not for keychain duty. To me, the classic ARC lights are the biggest things I'm willing to carry on a key ring.

Bushman5

Enlightened
^ ya should see my 2C Malkoff-MAG on my keychain ! :crackup:

kidding....my P1D-CE is my keychain light.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
But I'm thinking about hooking a Leef body like so - http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2655

I just need to make sure the P1 head will still function with a P1D body - I don't know if the LED unit is roughly the same size or not.

-Medina

Edit: Nooooo! Looks like it will fit - which is another $60 or so in the near future. :D

Actually I don't think that body will fit. I tried my Leef body today on a P1-CE and the head is a much smaller diameter.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm about to find out - according to Lighthound, the body and head are compatible.

If not, I'll get a chance to sample Lighthound's return policy or buy a Fenix head to fit the body.

Decisions, decisions. :D

-Medina