Streamlight Twin-Task™ line

mcdragon

Newly Enlightened
Hi, newbie flashaholic here! I've been lurking around in this forum for 2 or 3 months, but it wasn't until today that I decided to post anything.

I've been reading about the Cabelas 1 cell(123) Extreme Xenon/Led by Nuwai, which has been getting favorable reviews here. I was just about to buy one today when I ran acrossed a post that talked about the Streamlight Twin-Task™ line.

So I flip-flopped between the Nuwai Website and the Streamlight Website for a good 20 minutes this morning. Has anyone else noticed that these Nuwai Lights and these Streamlight Lights are strikingly similar? Is there some re-branding going on here?

So the bottom line is: should I get the Cabela's Extreme LED/Xenon Flashlight or wait for the STREAMLIGHT® Twin-Task™ 1-cell Lithium? Or are the one in the same? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gifYea... I LIKE the Streamlights. I am going to wait for the intro of the SL's myself. I don't think they are the same, perhaps manufactured under license; or maybe the other company is making them ? Would be worth the SL warranty and parts supply if nothing else.

Lordy, I see an inordinate amount of cash vanishing soon. I think I want one of each.

iddibhai

Enlightened
Hmm, that 1 123 version looks nice. pity the LS version is only in 3AA form factor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif i guess that means direct drive, maybe resistored, but no regulation.

iddibhai

Enlightened
but form factor will make it awkward carrywise. a 2AA would still be ok, but something that long?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look carefully through the Streamlight site and the Nuwai site, you'll find many more "strikingly similar" lights between the two... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone notice that Streamlight's 3AA Luxeon Task light specs the LS @ 10 000 hour life? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed that the SL 3/6 LED Xenon has a Xenon burn time of 2 1/2 hours with the two 123's. Hmmm. Must be a lot lower wattage bulb than the Scorpion, 6P, etc.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been REALLY studying these specs. These Streamlights are the answer to a flashahloics dream. I am going to order one of each of the blasted things. They do everything well, tactical use, long burn time, selectable light levels, nice aluminum construction, HA, Ahhhhhh....

You people have ruined me. I have been here for about three months, and am out over $ 800 so far. My wife thinks I've gone over the edge. (She did request however, that I add a SL 4AALED and a Scorpion to her car). Ha !!!

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JohnK said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gifYea... I LIKE the Streamlights. I am going to wait for the intro of the SL's myself. I don't think they are the same, perhaps manufactured under license; or maybe the other company is making them ? Would be worth the SL warranty and parts supply if nothing else.

Lordy, I see an inordinate amount of cash vanishing soon. I think I want one of each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto that, bigtime...especially the part about the cash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

722053.jpg

So, that being said, do they have a mailing list we can get on for the release notification??

Size15's

Flashaholic
Streamlight get most of their products sourced from the Far East I believe.

JohnK,
Someone here has to get them. Go for it. Let CPF know what you think of them please!

Al

bmsmith

Enlightened
Re: Streamlight Twin-Task? line

I didn't know about the Streamlight Twin Task 3C. I just bought the Brookstone 6 LED/Xenon 3C flashlight and it looks VERY similar to the Twin Task 3C. The only thing different is the machining on the body (number of rings) from what I can see according to the pictures. Wow those Streamlight lights look super nice. I may have to get one or two or three or....

BTW, I *love* the Brookstone light. Its 6 LED mode is brighter than the Nuwai FX-8806 6 LED/Xenon/CCFL flashlight's 6 LED mode and the Brookstone's Xenon faceted reflector gives the Xenon output a nice semi-soft hotspot with no rings. Excellent flashlight for $50 at Brookstone.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

I'd agree that they are the same, made by Nuwai. Many months ago a fellow (goldenpsx?) was selling the torches that certainly appeared to be the Nuwais...the "Sparkplug", the little "Keymate", and a couple others. "All of a sudden" Streamlight had the same looking "Sparkplug", "Keymate", and now these.

I think I'd purchase them as "Streamlights" due to their rep and warranty. Easier to deal with them instead of someone off the Internet or some company in the Far East.

They look promising and "keep calling my name"...../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened

I can't wait for the Streamlights any longer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif and it's only been a few days since I first saw the pics and specs. So I put my name in on Wylies group buy for the Nuwai (in the B/S/T forum) and that will (hopefully) hold me until the Twin-Tasks are available in May. They're voting there now on whether to go with the 123 or the Ni-Cd version of the Nuwai.

I really like the looks of the 2D and 3AA Luxeon. Wonder how many I'll end up with? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

I spoke with my marketing contact at Streamlight - release date is expected late April... Sorry guys....

The good news is that I should receive samples at that time for review, so I'll let you all know how they fare. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ben H

Enlightened

I just got a reply from Streamlight Customer Service and was told a release date end of May. It seems like this will be a great summer for new flashlights! The new tactical 6V lithium flashlights from Strategos sould be released around the same time. Warmer weather, camping, and new flashlights.......I can't wait!

Raven

Enlightened

Wow, how did I miss the news about this. Will lithiums work in them? Are they regulated? Price?

Raven

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

The only thing I don't like is that you have to "scroll" thru the 3LED/6LED/Xenon. It needs a tail clickie on/off so you can "set" the beam as preferred with the original switch, then turn on the light with the tail clicky.

Anybody want to offer a mod for these things ? It would sell like hot cakes considering the expected large volume of sales here.