Wolf Eyes 6MX HO CREE EDITION LED

Grun

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone else have this light or any of the others from Wolf-Eyes? Do you notice that the head does not screw all the way down? If I take out the LED bulb and reflector altogether, it can screw down all the way. Why is this? Is mine defective, or are all of them like this? I am using the Q2 HO CREE btw. Is this not good then for dunking in water, rain or puddles? The head just barely covers the O-ring.

JohnB

Newly Enlightened
Grun,
I have a 6maf here with the Explorer body and it is the same as you describe. When you remove the lamp the cap closes all the way. When you put the lamp in it does not close all the way. I am assuming that this is the design.

Grun

Newly Enlightened
Grun,
I have a 6maf here with the Explorer body and it is the same as you describe. When you remove the lamp the cap closes all the way. When you put the lamp in it does not close all the way. I am assuming that this is the design.

Hey, you don't think it is a design flaw do you? Maybe it will leak in heavy rains? That wouldn't be good huh? Cause I may have to use it in heavy rains.

JohnB

Newly Enlightened
I will pass your comments on and see what they say maybe there is a good reason. I will let you know .

Regards

tomcat017

Enlightened
Does anyone know if this problem is only with the 6M? Is it the same when you use th drop-in with the 9D raider? What about the D26 drop-in? Same gap in the sniper head?

Grun

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if this problem is only with the 6M? Is it the same when you use th drop-in with the 9D raider? What about the D26 drop-in? Same gap in the sniper head?

Just so you know, the Wolf Eyes is kinda my dream light. I found a fix, so I wouldn't worry about it. The 9D Raider is sweet. Get that one. I wouldn't stall. The sooner you order, the sooner you will be bashing assailants in the skull with it. :oops:

If I were to get a second light, it would be the Wolf Eyes Raider, or the one with a triple head from dealextreme. Yeah, that would be great. Bright. Yeppers.!

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Does anyone else have this light or any of the others from Wolf-Eyes? Do you notice that the head does not screw all the way down? If I take out the LED bulb and reflector altogether, it can screw down all the way. Why is this? Is mine defective, or are all of them like this? I am using the Q2 HO CREE btw. Is this not good then for dunking in water, rain or puddles? The head just barely covers the O-ring.
The LED module just barley fits and as long as the body covers the o-ring it should be just as water tight as the other Wolf Eyes products. Make sure you keep the o-rings well lubricated for maximum water resistance.

With all that said Wolf Eyes is changing their design slightly and will send us some replacement bezels for those of you that have a 6M Cree model. Please PM me with your order numbers and we'll send you a new bezel.

tomcat017
The D26 LED modules work just fine without any gap and the 9D head seems better than the 6M

tomcat017

Enlightened
Mike, thanks for the answer, as always. Soon as I have the $$, either the 6a with a D26 cree, or the 9D with a D36 is going to be my next light :naughty:.

JohnB

Newly Enlightened
Grun,
I am sure Mike will take care of this for you.
Sorry you did not get the PM I resent it.

Thanks

lightfire

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these. It appears to me that the o-ring seals just fine.
That said, by offering a replacement bezel Wolf Eyes and PTS are to be commended for addressing this so quickly. I will definitely consider another purchase of one of these amazing products carried at PTS.

Last edited:

springbok

Newly Enlightened
i can concur with the OP, that my WE Explorer mx, that the turbo head also does not screw all the way down. Doesnt really bother me, didnt know until i read this thread! haha :)

Grun

Newly Enlightened
Just so you all know, Wolf Eyes is a great light, and this is in no way to bash the company or to compromise its quality. For the record, all it took was one additional O-ring which I got for free from my Fenix lights. I popped that in as well, in a very good location and I am now confident of its water tightness. If water breaches the loosely placed O-ring (not completely covered), the second O-ring (that I added), being deeper inside will do the trick. Probably better sealing this way. :twothumbs

So go buy yourself a Wolf Eyes light now everyone.:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

Last edited: