Best 1x123 SSC/Cree for Keychain?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a light to replace my Inova X5 which is currently on my keys. I want it to be: 1xR123 preferably so it can be rechargeable as well as not. Cree, SSC, K2, etc... or similar brightness LED, preferably multi-level to conserve power/emergency-minded, decent way to attach to keys(some of the holes I've seen have barely enough outer wall to hold a split ring for a week before rubbing through.). It has to be TOUGH AS NAILS. It will get beat on and knocked about. I am open to any and all suggestions, but I prefer quality over price. I thought of Fenix first, but I don't know how well they would hold up to this task. (I actually considered putting my HDS EDC U60GT on my keyring...) Please help me to choose another awesome light!!!! :)

Last edited:

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
For tough as nails you cant beat stainless steel. i`ve had a ultrafire c1 on my keyring for just over 6 months and it`s been used every single day, dropped on concrete, thrown in my toolbox, fell out my shorts pocket on a motorcycle, thrown at a brick wall after an argument, and played with by my cat and it has never suffered any marks or damage. for $29 + $10 for a cree Q5 and $3.16 for a 1000mah 5 mode regulator with mode memory i can honestly say it`s the only light i would want on my keyring. if there was only one thing i`d change is i`d change it would be i`d swap the sos mode for a lower low. the other thing to bear in mind is with the standard driver it can run with primarys but with the 5 mode it`s li-ions only or very dim with primarys. very good runtime on low with li-ion though. very smooth beam with no rings thanks to it`s aluminium OP reflector and mineral glass lens and it has o rings. use a corn plaster at the end of the tube to prevent battery rattle when off with some batteries, and to make the most of the 5 mode board i found it adventageous to swap the o ring on the LE to battery tube to a slightly thinner one to make swithching modes a touch easier. threads on mine are perfect.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3249

Last edited: