t3 and t4 bodies for P3D or ultra low setting

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
Would you guys hurry up already and buy David out of his 3-cr123a cell bodies for the P3D so there is some small hope he would consider making the t4 body!!!!!

Seriously, though, I look forward to the longer run-time of the 3-cell I have ordered. If there aren't any t4's forthcoming, hopefully Fenix will consider an ultra-low setting so as to increase run-time on the 2-cell... The P3D makes a great night-light tailstanding and shining on the camping trailer ceiling(for the kids so they "aren't scared"), but they would sleep better if it wasn't so damn bright, and it would last longer too.

Anyone care to put out a petition/vote for a 1-3 lumen setting???

(I forsee difficulties in getting the t4 body to tailstand)

Ok, I admit it... I NEED the 4 cell body just as much as that bag of Lays chips I just ate.

Wonder how the t3's are selling though...

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
stating the obvious, an ultra-low setting would be even more beneficial in the single AA, AAA and 123 cell lights. If we chant loud enough, maybe Fenix will hear!

Delta

Enlightened
Huh? What are these 3 cell bodies you speak of? I hadn't heard this one.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I also agree with a Low low mode. Remove the SOS, and maybe strobe. And if you can, make a 0.9v-18v(Buck-boost) accepting head with the same efficiency and brightness as the current boards. Better knurling and a better body would also be great. I won't mind the extra cost.

T2 and T3 bodys here

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
Aren't they though?

so c'mon guys... who's got or getting one (t3). I NEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD at 4 cell body.

S.

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
Well, it is slightly comforting to know the strobe is there... however compared in usefulness to a lower setting, the low setting wins by a mile in my books!

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
Got the 3-cell body today! Put it on my rebel 100 and left my new Q5 alone.

As expected, there is no noticeable difference in brightness, unless you have a really good imagination.

However, I discovered one great thing that I hadn't considered before, and that I bet many here haven't either. Know how when your cells get tired, the P3D can flicker on turbo mode? Because the 3-cell delivers more voltage to the emitter, you can use up those cells longer! (Course, there goes my intention to have a light around that has a longer run-time.)

Don't throw those half-used cells out! Get a t3 body! (so I can get my t4 of course!!!)

(Does one person begging for the 4-cell body many times count for as much as many people begging once?)

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
Well, obviously it wouldn't be a pocket light. My P1D serves for that. More for a good bright light with a great runtime capability. The 4-cell would be 1-1/2" longer than the L2D.

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'm bringing this thread back up to the front, to talk more about the second portion of the subject.

Is it just me, or are there an awful lot of people out there asking for a lower than 10 (2 or 3) lumen setting for the Fenix lights? I seem to keep reading that generally amongst the threads, often enough to see it 2 or 3 times each day of reading.

Just went for a stroll in the bush tonight and with the moon behind the clouds, the 11 lumen setting on the P3D is just right for a casual stroll, but unnecessarily bright when the moon comes out. Also, and especially in the winter with snow on the ground, you end up getting night blindness because it's too bright.

For this reason, and for better runtimes, give us an ultra low!

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
Well, we can finally close this thread... all the t3 bodies for the P3D's are gone... anyone out there had any problems with any of them?; I've only heard good so far.

I did have a battery :poof: in my 3-cell body with my premium 100, but I blame the cheap Panasonic knock-off batteries I had in there... no more of those!

Well, fenix still hasn't created a light with an ultra-low, (love my RA twisty for that reason), but they sure have made some interesting moves in the last couple of years... this new TK40 is a typical fenix move: you will either love it or hate it...

BUT:
a 4-cell P3D was finally released... well.... ONE was anyway! And it's all MINE MINE MINE!

will report back after a runtest on low... it should last as long as the TK40 with 8 AA's!!! Also, we'll see how tough the P3D buck circuitry REALLY is after I put 3 or 4 sets of batteries through it at twice the normal voltage!

it's in the mail... can hardly wait!!!