Dismantling Minimag AAA

merkaba

Newly Enlightened
Ive had a battery go bad in my minimag AAA light and i have no idea how i'm going to get it out! how is the best way to take apart the front of the light so i can push something through it to push the battery out... or should i just get a new one?

Illum

Flashaholic
with minimag AAs, take the bezel off, locate the "do not remove ring in the head. remove it, then use something to push the inner plastic out

I think the AAA's the same :thinking:

Marduke

Flashaholic
The 2xAAA is built identical to the 2xAA, just smaller. Remove the head, pull out the bulb, and pry off the plastic ring that says "Do not remove". Use something small enough with a flat end (like a wooden dowel) to push against the plastic visible. You may want to soak the body (plastic ring and tailcap removed) in water or some mild solvent to loosen up the batteries. You don't have anything to loose, might as well try.

merkaba

Newly Enlightened
Duracell actually, i was really surprised and have no idea how it happened! Anyway its really stuck in there and i think the mag is now a write-off :(

oh well. I tried tapping the plastic out but the battery was/is stuck in there so hard that it crushed the little plastic thing that holds the pins. I guess i at least gave it a go!

Illum

Flashaholic
yeah..Duracell's have progressively gone down hill these couple of years
I remember 10 years ago Duracell's [with the built in yellow bar voltage checker] was looked so highly upon energizers had to change its label 3 times to make a dent compared to the blue ribboned Duracell Ultras [Energizer with the "good" battery meter, Energizer "advanced formula", Energizer with yellow and red stripes]

when the ultras left the building, Duracell's "brown belt" coppertop's came in...but performance was never really the same again:ohgeez: