• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: New Cutdown Minimags w 20mm IMS - Updated Part 2

Ledean

Enlightened
Continued from here.

I have the following colors available.
Red
Silver
Pewter/Gray
Black
Blue
Hot Pink
Purple

These are the popular AA minimags sawed off and rethreaded to accept the original tailcap and 1 AA battery.
The Minimag heads are machined to accept 20 mm reflectors and the result is powerful. The beam quality blows away the 17 mm reflectors with more throw and a tighter hotspot.
. With a Madmax sandwich you can run these on ordinary AA batteries.
To go up a higher notch, try using 14500 Li-ion batteries with Madmax or Nexgen sandwich and you will have a pocket beamblaster. I could not believe how bright this becomes. Prepare to be dazzled!. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
By the way this mod allows you to still use stock reflector or 17 mm IMS reflector in addition to the 20 mm reflector.

I will let the pictures do the talking.

minimagcolection30gm.jpg

Here is one with a red AA mag with the reflector installed.
The SO20 uses the whole business end of the light.
As you can see the lens cap screws all the way down.
[image]
mmmfrontsidered8fr.jpg

This is a pic of the two reflectors - 17mm and 20 mm....
Size does matter.
Click to see a bigger image.

The beam shots....The cutdown mags in the following pictures were loaded with a madmax+ Txok+ duracell AA battery.

These are the same beamshots that were there before .
First the 17 mm reflector
rr17mmbeam70mn.jpg

And the 20mm reflector. Notice how the 20 mm has a brighter hotspot.
rr20mmbeam77wm.jpg

Here are the comparison beamshots between 20 mm IMS and 17 mm.

Click to see a bigger image.

Available colors:
Silver,
Copper,
Pewter/Grey,
Red,
Blue,
Black,
Ice blue,
Shimmer blue.

Prices without 20 mm reflector
Cost for one = $29.50 Now $26.00
Cost for two = $55.50 Now $49.00

Prices with 20mm reflector installed
Cost for one = $33.50 Now $ 29.00
Cost for two = $65.50 Now $ 55.00

Postage and shipping .
Shipping is free in the US

For overseas shipping up to three pieces will be $11.00 by global priority.

I am not responsible for shipment, lost or damaged, in the mail.

Please send paypal payments to [email protected]

For payment by Money Order or Checks Please PM me

Last edited:

gjg

Enlightened
Brightest possible stock-looking MM?

Ledean:
I'm a fan of the MiniM@g AA form factor, and I have two of your lights - a cutdown running a 14500, and a normal length running 2AA alks. Both with 20mm reflectors and Luxeon sandwiches, and both used regularly. Now, looking for the brightest MM possible... What is it?

Please excuse my technical ignorance on this, but is it possible to make or buy a sandwich to run a current generation Cree or Seoul using two 14500's, or are we talking instaflash? Or would we just gain runtime? I'd like to keep the light looking stock if possible (especially length), but if it has to be grooved for heat control or cut down for running 1 batt, so be it.

Rechargables or primary alks/lithiums, doesn't matter. Just LUMENS, and of course the bigger, better reflector. So what would you (or any of the CPF LED gurus) suggest to make a killer Cree/Seoul/Rebel MM?
Thanks in advance,
Greg

Ledean

Enlightened
Re: Brightest possible stock-looking MM?

Hi Greg
good to hear from you

For two 14500 Li-ions SOB1000/Seoul sandwich will be the one of the brightest. Keeps the stock look like you wanted.

For a single 14500 or 14650 li-ion GD1000 is the best bet.
The GD converter is specially made for the Li-ios.

These will be way brighter than when you are having right now .
Ledean

Ledean:
I'm a fan of the MiniM@g AA form factor, and I have two of your lights - a cutdown running a 14500, and a normal length running 2AA alks. Both with 20mm reflectors and Luxeon sandwiches, and both used regularly. Now, looking for the brightest MM possible... What is it?

Please excuse my technical ignorance on this, but is it possible to make or buy a sandwich to run a current generation Cree or Seoul using two 14500's, or are we talking instaflash? Or would we just gain runtime? I'd like to keep the light looking stock if possible (especially length), but if it has to be grooved for heat control or cut down for running 1 batt, so be it.

Rechargables or primary alks/lithiums, doesn't matter. Just LUMENS, and of course the bigger, better reflector. So what would you (or any of the CPF LED gurus) suggest to make a killer Cree/Seoul/Rebel MM?
Thanks in advance,
Greg

scottaw

Enlightened

I see prices with and without the reflector, do these include a led? or just a bare body with a reflector?

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see prices with and without the reflector, do these include a led? or just a bare body with a reflector?
I dont believe there is an LED included....just the reflector and body as you stated...

scottaw

Enlightened

Ok, thanks. I'm not a builder/modder myself, but these are some cool little lights. Good luck with your sale.

gjg

Enlightened
PM sent with an order for an another non-cut down w/20 mm reflector and a SOB1000/Seoul sandwich...

Thanks Ledean,
Greg :twothumbs

Last edited:

wildstar87

Enlightened
Couple questions.. Will this work with a Terralux TLE-5EX module? Do you still have any available not cutdown?

XPLRN

Newly Enlightened
Couple questions.. Will this work with a Terralux TLE-5EX module? Do you still have any available not cutdown?

X2 ^^^^^^^ , seeing as how I just ordered a TLE-5EX for a project.

I would also be interested in knowing, since I'm technically/electrically challenged, the difference between the TLE-5EX and the previously mentioned SOB1000/Seoul sandwich. Thanks!!

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
+1 I've been waiting for Ledean to appear again. I really like his works, my favorite all around light is his aspherical 18650 mag sans the aspeheric lens. Now I really want his aa cutdown minimag and cr2 minimag.

gjg

Enlightened
I hope thing are alright with Ledean too. He PM'ed me that he had finished my light, then I asked for his address to send him a MO - and haven't heard from him since. That was early November. I know from his other thread he owes some folks some money back, but his behavior with me is NOT the behavior of a scam artist - he could VERY easily have took my $ and not shipped the light. It's more like someone with issues - either major family or health problems. I think he'll be back when he gets things straightened out, at least I hope so. If you're reading this Ledean, a quick "I'll be back when I can" post would be great...
Thanks,
gg :candle:

gjg

Enlightened
Yes he did (+/- 2 years ago) - the MiniMiniMiniMag - very cool, all head with just a stubby litttle body. The thread should still be out there somewhere. Didn't buy one at the time, now wish I would have...
gg

Did you at one time make some CR2 versions of these lights?

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
Yes he did (+/- 2 years ago) - the MiniMiniMiniMag - very cool, all head with just a stubby litttle body. The thread should still be out there somewhere. Didn't buy one at the time, now wish I would have...
gg

I was on the process of ordering the cr2 minimag and some other form ledean, then suddenly after a couple of exchanged emails he never replied back. I really hope he's OK.