Cree Offices

jake25

Enlightened
Does anyone here live near a physical CREE office? I do and i'm tempted to walk in and ask if i can test something like the R Bin or something top secret.

Does anyone live nearby one, i think one is in North Carolina, and asked for a prototype to test or something?

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the same rules would apply to just walking in as applying to be a developer using the correct forms. You have to prove to be a viable customer that will, in the future purchase HUGE bulk orders, such as Fenix or Surefire.

winston

Enlightened
I think the same rules would apply to just walking in as applying to be a developer using the correct forms. You have to prove to be a viable customer that will, in the future purchase HUGE bulk orders, such as Fenix or Surefire.

You're probably right, but what is there to lose by asking?

Jake: Just imagine for a minute you're walking through the lobby, and someone in a labcoat tells you to be careful - because he "just accidently dropped a sample R bin emitter somewhere around here, and... oops, time for me to go to lunch! Well, just hang on to it if you see it." Score!
That's a lot of cred for a guy with 38 posts.:cool:
-Winston

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work at GlaxoSmithKline in Research Triangle Park here in NC! Cree is right down the road!!:D

pfccypret

Newly Enlightened
You probably wouldn't allowed to see anything in developement. But depending on company policy and the mood of the people working, you might be able to swing a tour to see existing projucts.

katsyonak

Enlightened
Maybe you can take some pictures of this place too? About time to know where all these Q5s I order are coming from :)

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I need to get over there too. I live just minutes from their offices. I really blew an opportunity a while back. I was in Target looking at the flash lights, and I started talking to another guy who was looking also. He was looking a K2 Lux light, and I started to inform him about how much better the CREE emitters are. Well, turns out he is an engineer at CREE. We talked for at least 20 minutes or so, and dang if I didn't let him get away without getting his name and number....:ohgeez: I'm still kicking myself in the *** for that one.

Last edited: