Tiablo A8Q5 flicker problem

dk8558

Newly Enlightened
I just received my A8 Q5 and I discovered that after running it on high for less than 5 min my light will begin to flicker. I'm using an 18650 as well. I'm rather disappointed with the issue. Perhaps there is something I'm overlooking to remedy this as far as a quick fix is concerned.

Steve Curtis

Newly Enlightened
Some flickering can be stopped by screwing in the clicky tighter.
take of the cap and flip it over so you are looking at the threaded inside, make sure this unit is done up tight in the cap.

it may solve the issue , it did on mine

dk8558

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to add an update, I switched out the battery from the tenergy 2600 mah to the AW 2200mah and so far after 10 min there hasn't been a flicker problem. Maybe there is some compatibility issue between the tenergy and the tiablo. I've tried the tenergy on my SF U2 and I didn't have any issues. Hopefully this is the culprit. This tenergy has the built in PCB and that may effect the regulation with the tiablo.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to add an update, I switched out the battery from the tenergy 2600 mah to the AW 2200mah and so far after 10 min there hasn't been a flicker problem. Maybe there is some compatibility issue between the tenergy and the tiablo. I've tried the tenergy on my SF U2 and I didn't have any issues. Hopefully this is the culprit. This tenergy has the built in PCB and that may effect the regulation with the tiablo.

I just received my Tiablo A8Q5 from another cpf member. I was initially disappointed at a flickering when using a Tenergy 18650-2600 as well. I sold my AW 18650 with my D-mini...I will buy some more AW batts. Sorry you had your problem, but its nice to know I am not the only one. I have had no flicker problems with either batt (I have 2 tenergy 18650's) in my LP M1-R, but I do not think that light draws as much juice.

My Tiablo does not flicker with 2x123a's. It is also the most impressive led light I have ever bought...2nd place is the Fenix P3D R100. I think the Tiablo would kick the stuffing out of my old SF M3 with the HO bulb...for way less money invested and it is much cheaper to feed. New technology is great!

ca pow

Newly Enlightened
I had flicker problems as well with my brand new A8Q5, called the vender and he sent a new light engine. Problem solved, I now get Two hours of 250L (or there abouts) with out any dimming from a single charge of the 18650. Life is beautiful!

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had flicker problems as well with my brand new A8Q5, called the vender and he sent a new light engine. Problem solved, I now get Two hours of 250L (or there abouts) with out any dimming from a single charge of the 18650. Life is beautiful!

What brand of batteries do you use?

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
had a flicker problem with my A8 Q5 with all the batteries I tried. Contacted Tiablo, who in turn contacted one thier dealers (Lighthound). And supplied me with a New light engine. Light works great! now. The Customer service from Lighthound and Tiablo is excellant. So, good I purchased a Novatac 85P and a few AW batteries and AW holster from Lighthound.

Last edited: