are there any true 100 lumen led for a minimag.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know there is the tle-5ex with the new cree led, but after searching around it looks like these only put out around 50 lumens even though they advertise over 100 lumens. Are there any custom led out there for a minimag that will put out a true 100 lumens or at least 75 lumens

meuge

Enlightened
I know there is the tle-5ex with the new cree led, but after searching around it looks like these only put out around 50 lumens even though they advertise over 100 lumens. Are there any custom led out there for a minimag that will put out a true 100 lumens or at least 75 lumens
I am sure there is a way you could get a custom mod for your minimag that would put out 100 lumens. The questions is - WHY?

It'll likely cost you way too much $$ for what it's worth.

You can buy a Fenix Q5 L2D from fenix-store.com for ~$60. It's the same size as a minimag, runs on AAs, and it will put out >200 bulb lumens on Turbo... with no heatsinking problems.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure there is a way you could get a custom mod for your minimag that would put out 100 lumens. The questions is - WHY?

It'll likely cost you way too much $$ for what it's worth.

You can buy a Fenix Q5 L2D from fenix-store.com for ~$60. It's the same size as a minimag, runs on AAs, and it will put out >200 bulb lumens on Turbo... with no heatsinking problems.

I am aware of that. However I enjoy the classic looks and build of the minimag. I also enjoy modifying things.

jbosman1013

Enlightened
I'm not sure where you got your info on the cree for the minimag but mine is very close to 100lm. I have been using it for about a month now and just changed the batteries (energizer L91) if you use regular alkalines the output will be less.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure where you got your info on the cree for the minimag but mine is very close to 100lm. I have been using it for about a month now and just changed the batteries (energizer L91) if you use regular alkalines the output will be less.

just based on comments of other users who compared the tle-5ex to a surefire g2,3d maglite,etc,etc,etc.......

How do you know yours is close to 100 lumens

jbosman1013

Enlightened
well, If my MTE 1xAA is 50-60lm and my surefire L2 is 100+ and its brighter than the MTE but not as bright as the L2 I would say its around 100lm. I find it to hard to compare a incan to a led, a incan may look brighter even when the led is putting out double the light. the size and type of reflector, the dia. of the reflector and the depth along with lense material (plastic or glass) will have a huge effect on the perceived output of any light.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, If my MTE 1xAA is 50-60lm and my surefire L2 is 100+ and its brighter than the MTE but not as bright as the L2 I would say its around 100lm. I find it to hard to compare a incan to a led, a incan may look brighter even when the led is putting out double the light. the size and type of reflector, the dia. of the reflector and the depth along with lense material (plastic or glass) will have a huge effect on the perceived output of any light.

Thanks Jbosman, I saw new one on ebay for $22 including shipping so I picked it up to give it a try