Which end for pocket clip ?

turbot

Newly Enlightened
Which end of light do you prefer the clip be put on ?
All SF lights have the clip on the light end, most other brands put clip on the switch end.

I am leaning to liking the switch end , for defence style lights.

Anybody put any thought into this ?

JamisonM

Enlightened
On my fenix L2D-CE, I put a pocket clip near the switch side. I feel this will protect the lens from getting scratched up and it makes taking out the light and turning it on a simple quick motion.

djblank87

Enlightened
All SF lights have the clip on the light end, most other brands put clip on the switch end.

I like the clip at the rear by the tailcap, kinda like the NovaTac's. My reasons are the same as yours, I like the business end ready to go when I pull it out of my pocket.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't make a lot of difference to me. I marginally prefer bezel down just for some protection, but bezel up I can live with too.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer it on the switch end also. BTW..the U2 has it on the switch end, and it rides very comfortably in my right front pocket.

dsc00026kh0.jpg

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer bezel down, but for a semi-different reason - I want the light as deep in my pocket as it can be. To put a clip that high on the bezel would get in the way of the reflector or optics, so it just makes better sense to have it on the tailcap..

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I prefer the clip at the back end and as close to the end as possible. This is one of the reasons I carry a Proton. Its clip gets the light deeper and almost completely into the pocket.

Geoff