• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Help...I need my Tiablo A9 modded.....

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
Please bear with me....

Im a Cop in Milwaukee who takes his flashlights serious (like we all do here at CPF). At this time I carry on my duty belt (1) WE 13V Rattlesnake rechargeable W/lumens factory 700 lumen lamp and (1) Malkoff SF 6P. (back-up lights in my riot bag, in the trunk, are another WE 13V Rattlesnake 400 lumen, a WE 12V 300 lumen, and a Malkoff 9P) This set-up has served me very well.....but.....

I recently purchased a received a black Tiablo A9.....WOW !!!!!!!....Small package, HUGE throw, long run-time....Ive already ordered the OP reflector and tactical switch (momentarty, high, off)....Im truly impressed....BTW my Rattlesnake throws more total light but the A9 out throws it .........but.....

I dont think the Tiablo is built heavy enough for day-to-day duty use. Im NOT saying its poorly made, but Im not sure this thing can stand up to being dropped, kicked, and stepped on, repeatedly over time. Again, so far it appears to be a fine flashlight, but it just doesnt feel as substantial as my Rattlesnake or my 6P. In particular, the bezel feels as if it will bend and deform very easily upon impact if dropped.

Im curious if there is anyone of the talented modders here who would like to modify both my WE 13V rattlesnakes to host the tiablo LED and reflector. The Tiablo reflector, with some careful cutting, could fit the rattlesnake bezel, but not sure of the guts/LED/etc. Can someone help? I dont wish to spend a fortune for this, but have no problem paying a handsome price for quality work.

The thought of a Tiablo inside of the WE Rattlesnake makes me smile and I hope someone can help.

Thanks,
PAUL

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I managed to drop my A9 ~30 feet from a balcony! The side of the head hit a wooden railing and I thought it was goodbye A9. The only effect was a cracked lens, so the Tiablos are tougher than they look and feel. The only fragile part is the lens, if you substitute the glass lens with a polycarbonate lens the light should be able to take enormous amounts of abuse. I think Flashlightlens.com sell scratch resistant polycarbonate lenses you could cut to size.
Stefan

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like alot of work to me. Why not just purchase a Cutdown Mag with Seoul LED. It's brighter than the Tiable with longer runtime. If you want a smaller host you could do the same with a "C" size mag.

Mac

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
Mac, thanks for the input. This is exactly the help I was seeking. Im really clueless as to what is available and/or possible. The Tiablo impressed me with the throw, runtime, and size.

The light I seek:
1. Throws light like the Tiablo
2. Runtime, at least similar (2-2.5 hrs on primaries)
3. Primary or rechargable batts
4. Similar size (I would consider a cut down C mag, but not any larger)
5. Tailcap tactical switch, clickie (momentary, high, off)

Im just getting ideas as to what is out there. The reasons I thought about modding the WE 13v is that I own 2 of them, they are heavy duty, and the right size.