WOW!!!! L1 Cree just landed! And a question!

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I normally use Panasonic CR123s - but the L1 I would hope is less demanding. Do you think the Tenergy CR123s that Battery Junction sent along will be OK in it?

I love this thing! It just kicked the Fenix L1D right out of my pocket as EDC. Pure white beam, no artifacts, no donut holes, no nothing but clean white light. It's hotspot is better than my L4!

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, I would never trust anything but the best cells to your Surefire. You wouldn't put chip-fat in the fuel tank of a Maserati would you? Only trust Surefires or Duracells, your flashlight is too valuable for anything other.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire are re-branded Panasonic batteries...
An accident with CR123A batteries is much less likely to happen in one-cell flashlights.

piney12

Newly Enlightened
I usually use the Surefires or the Duracells.

That being said, the free Tenergy batteries that
came with my L1 from BatteryJunction seem to
work fine.

Joe

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, I would never trust anything but the best cells to your Surefire. You wouldn't put chip-fat in the fuel tank of a Maserati would you? Only trust Surefires or Duracells, your flashlight is too valuable for anything other.
Any Japan or US made battery are fine to use in a SureFire. Most American batteries are made either by Matsushita of Japan or Panasonic.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I would run it on urine if it would make the engine turn over! The exhaust would be rank though......
I am cheap:naughty:

Mike Smith

Newly Enlightened
I have some Surefires as well as Fenix, Pila and a Novatac on the way. I bought a quantity of "cheap" Tenergy batteries as well as some Rayovac and Surefire. I tested all batteries with a digital multimeter as well as a ZTS pulse load multi battery tester (great little unit imo) and out of a lot of 50 Tenergy batteries, one was weak and it was discarded. I have tried the 3 different brands in various lights and can see no difference in performance.

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered these and they work well in both my E1L and L1 (cree). Its a snug fit in the L1 but they are not so tight that they stick or would get stuck in the body.

Some here have used the 3.7 V RCR123 batteries in the L1 but I wanted to play it a little safer with the 3.0 V CR123's.

Last edited:

Entrekman

Newly Enlightened
I've been using Tenergy 900mA RCR123's (rated at 3.6V, but it'll drop to 3.2V when protection circuit kicks in) in my L4 and old E2L with no ill effects, but what I'm really afraid of is the High temp of my L4 may cause the li-ion to explode (think of it as a pipe bomb in my hand).:poof:

Has anyone tested li-ions in their L4's, I only ran the light until it's warm in my hand.. about 15 minutes and I'll shut it off.:tinfoil: