Wolf eyes Defender or Guider?

heztai

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, LEO from Canada here. I am trying to pick a new light and it has been really hard, because all these choices start popping up...

So I have decided to stick with wolf eyes...
now the thing is, which wolf eyes should I go with?
Defender? OR Guider?

The guider has a strobe mode (not sure if this is benefitical) and maybe longer run time comparing to the defender?

Any opinion would be appreciate it!

democopy

Newly Enlightened
I asked the same question of FASTCAR here is his response:
First ALL Wolf Eyes LAs are better then cheepie generics.
After testing now 120 or so lights I would say:
If you can afford it grab the Wolf Eyes GUIDER....second pick the Wolf Eyes 6A kit.Go with the Cree and what ever stages you want.
This combo should be the only light you will need for a lifetime.

The 6A is 1 inch or so smaller then the guider.I still like the guider better overall though.

You may also look at this

heztai

Newly Enlightened
So what stage / type of LED you got? What's your comments with the guider?

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the Guider and I love it! It has become one of my favorite lights!! It is extremely bright, built like a tank, and I like the switch on the front of the light instead of the tailcap. The tailcap has a compass which is different. I took it on a test run the other eve when my wife and I took our nightly walk around the block. There is a small patch of woods in our neighborhood and a family of deer live there. I was looking for them and I will tell that this light lit up the night! It has just enough throw and spill! I also like the idea of being able to use rechargables (18650's) or standard CR123 primaries. The unit, of course, comes with one battery and a charger. The charger plugs into a small jack in the tailpiece. You have to unscrew the bottom of it to get to it. This should help keep moisture out of the light. It also has good runtime with almost 2 hours (advertised) of regulated output. I also own a Wolfeyes Raider and 6AX. I love them all! I do not think you can go wrong with either, but the Guider right now is my favorite!! You can of course buy both if you are tempted!!:devil:

Mike

KeeperSD

Enlightened
My pick is the Defender II, not sure if it still available or not but it is a two level output with the twist of the bezel, rather than cycling through modes on the switch. That way it can be easily turned on in either mode with a simple twist.

As for the original question, i guess it comes down to what you want from the light. The Defender has a tail cap switch, a battery that needs to be remove to charge, however is quite small and compact. The guider has a body mounted switch, battery charges inside the light however it is quite long, almost as long as the 9V Raider. Both will have the same output using the same LED so the choice is yours

heztai

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I am going to go with defender...just dunno whether I should go with 2 modes or 4 modes...

j3bnl

Enlightened
I have both and would without doubt go with the Guider.
No messing about with removing batteries to charge them and I like the balance of it in the hand. I personally prefer the button on the Guider rather than the tailcap one on the Defender II but both are cracking lights.
Its all down to personal preference at the end of the day.

You could always get both!!! ;)