Symptoms, early warning signs, and fever??

MTHall51

Newly Enlightened
True confession time here.
I have long had a great interest in firearms, and knives. I got on CPF originally to just ask one question. Well, many questions later, and much reading having been done, I now feel some compulsion to keep coming back and reading more... The major symptom I am experiencing, is no longer wanting to find out which is my one ultimate choice flashlight. Now when I read various posts recommending for someone to buy both or even all 3 lights when someone asks which is best, I am thinking...... sounds good to me.

So, the question for all you experienced people here, is it possible I am getting the early stages of flashlight fever?? Is there such a thing?

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hall...If you can afford guns- flashlights are so much cheaper! Bet you can't stop at a Dozen!

Besides, unless you live in the country- who can shoot every day! I use a few of my flashlights daily.

Last edited:

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
I'm afraid you are past the early warning signs..

The fever has already taken hold.

Hide your wallet and sell your computer before it's too late!! :)

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there is such a thing...it is a nasty virus and there is no cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick::sick::sick::faint::faint::faint::D:D:D

KingGlamis

Banned
Sounds like you have the bug. Question is, have you bought any lights yet? And if so, are you already planning on buying more? If that's the case, you're a goner. :welcome:

Dantor

Enlightened
Save our brother, for he is lost in the light of the torch!

16ld1rq.jpg

DarthLumen

Newly Enlightened
So, the question for all you experienced people here, is it possible I am getting the early stages of flashlight fever?? Is there such a thing?

My young apprentice, you don't know the power of the dark side.....give in to CPF and forever will it rule your destiny!!!

Burgess

Flashaholic
If you are on this website . . . .

And not only READING, but now you've even started a THREAD . . . .

I'm afraid it is already too late. :whistle:

Here's your one final chance --

Buy yer'self ONE more flashlight,

and then don't ever again read CandlePowerForums.

Simply find comfort in the fact that you have a superior flashlight
to 99.9 % of everyone on Earth.

Go forth, and use (and enjoy) your light.

And NEVER worry about getting anything brighter.

:devil:

_

MTHall51

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like you have the bug. Question is, have you bought any lights yet? And if so, are you already planning on buying more? If that's the case, you're a goner. :welcome:

I think that confirms it. My budget has required me to slow down on guns, and just stick with my favorite, but now with flashlights.... I have bought Inova, two streamlights, two surefires, have one more SL on the way, but keep having the feeling that there is something I still really need. :)

MTHall51

Newly Enlightened
If you are on this website . . . .

And not only READING, but now you've even started a THREAD . . . .

I'm afraid it is already too late. :whistle:

Here's your one final chance --

Buy yer'self ONE more flashlight,

and then don't ever again read CandlePowerForums.

Simply find comfort in the fact that you have a superior flashlight
to 99.9 % of everyone on Earth.

Go forth, and use (and enjoy) your light.

And NEVER worry about getting anything brighter.

:devil:

_

I have a feeling it is too late. I am glad to be in the company of many great people who know how it feels. Used to think I had steel addiction, but light addiction sounds like a plan too. :)

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how many of us were like me, fixing broken flashlights by the time we were six, doing electrical wiring at home a few years later to rearrange the lights....

Think how lucky we were that quantum mechanics came along and we got LEDs and the promise of more, instead of living our lives in the incandescent century.

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
You've got a fever all right, and the only prescription is...

Say it with me...

More cowbell!

:D

alanagnostic

Enlightened
Hey modern science is finding cures for all kinds of things every day. Don't give up hope! I heard some team in Switzerland just isolated the "flashlight" gene and they're looking at using nanites to remove the gene from every cell in your body. Don't worry, there's no plans to have mandatory treatment for the illness yet.:whistle:

MTHall51

Newly Enlightened
Hey modern science is finding cures for all kinds of things every day. Don't give up hope! I heard some team in Switzerland just isolated the "flashlight" gene and they're looking at using nanites to remove the gene from every cell in your body. Don't worry, there's no plans to have mandatory treatment for the illness yet.:whistle:

Kind of glad you said that. Before I read your last sentence, it sent chills up my spine to think .."I don't want to be cured". Does it get any scarier than that?:huh: