LSH vs. LSL - which do you like better and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a question for people who have seen both of the Arc models:
LSH vs. LSL - which do you like better and why?
I am curious what people who have seen both like and which they chose to carry. Also, for people who have bought Arc LS's recently:
Did you leave the lens protector on or take it off?

Thanks, Pat

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nascar,

Thanks for the response. You had a LSL-P (I think I saw it in B/S/T, too late to buy it though) in addition to your LSH-P's, didn't you? So even the LSL-P isn't as white as the LSH-P, correct?

Thanks again,
Pat

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
I like the LSL-P better 'cause it puts out more overall light. Mine has just a tinge of blue/purple in the hot spot and it is slightly dimmer than my LSL. I guess I got a really good LSL!

hokiefritz

Newly Enlightened
I prefer the beam of the low dome, which has a much more useful hotspot [for me]. The high dome doesn't light up enough area for my taste and the throw doesn't seem that much more useful than what the low dome has, but it puts out a very white light which of course I like. Unfortunately, my LSL is pea green compared to my LSH. Not horrible, but definitely green. If my LSL had the color of my LSH I would be completely satisfied...for awhile at least.

Billmanweh

Newly Enlightened
high dome, low dome...

I'm still not getting it. What exactly is the difference? Anyone know where I could check out a comparison beam shot?

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

I love them both! I get which ever one Rebecca (my wife) leaves me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I think I'll quietly switch her Arc for a SureFire M6 - Do you think she'll notice? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan.

Billmanweh

Newly Enlightened
I'm still curious exactly how the high and low domes are different?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Billmanweh said:
I'm still curious exactly how the high and low domes are different?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Billmanweh...

I can`t give you any technical explanation on the difference between the high domes and low domes. I`ll leave that to other CPF`ers if they wish to respond.

What I can tell you is that:

1) From my personal observations, the high domes have a "whiter" light with a tighter hotspot, giving somewhat more throw than the low domes. For that reason, the high domes are often perceived as being "brighter" than the low domes...even though overall light output may end up being about the same.

2) If you do a search in the Arc Flashlight section of the CPF, using the phrase "high dome", you`ll be able to find all of the information you`d ever hope to find on high domes. You`d have to take your time to wade through the posts and threads...but all of your answers are there.

Best wishes to you.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I prefer the high-dome for it whiteness. I can not stand the blue, purple, green colors that we're used to in an LED. The LSH (all 3-of my LSH-P's in particular) are the whitest LED's I've ever seen.

Some prefer the low-dome over the high-dome for is wider area of flood light. For my purposes, it's not an issue with the high-dome. It's the whitest of the beam that turns me on with the LSH. It simply has not been matched by anything or anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.