Flip Lens Cover for G&P Scorpion R500 and other lights

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aloha!

Recently I bought a set of two flip lens covers, originally intended for a rifle scope, to see if they fit my binoculars. Well, they didn´t but the bigger one is a almost perfect fit lens cover for the G&P Scorpion R500 light. Could be just very little tighter but won´t fall off for sure.

You´ll find those covers at eBay from the seller airsoftshooting or just perform a search for "flip lens cover". These are available in two sets, one set has a 54mm and 41mm cover, the other a 45mm and 41mm cover. I bought the 54+41 set and recognized the measures to be more more like 56mm and 45mm. The bigger one fits the G&P head quite fine. Each set is $4.99 + $4.00 shipping - they are definitly nice for that money but certainly not of high quality.

I didn´t find a light in my collection that could use the 45mm cover but I am pretty sure there are some lights that would be a good match for all three flavours (54/45/41).

Eric

Last edited:

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had considered doing the same thing with some spare Butler Creek scope caps but they were all too large. Then I realized since I keep the R500 holstered until I use it, it probably wasn't needed.

Good find though - thanks...

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
In what holster/sheath are you keeping your R500? I use a blackhawk flare pouch but only bezel up carry is possible. And since it´s flap does not cover the lens completly I could use the scope cover even when I carry the light in the pouch. But I guess I won´t be needing the pouch that much anymore because with the scope cover I´ll just use the 2" underwebbing of my pack
or just throw it into the car.

Eric

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple holster - one I got a gun show that completely covers the head but allows the tailcap to extend from the bottom. The other is the Ultrafire model for the WF-500. If I was doing some serious packing/hiking the lens cap is a good idea, but on my walks the holster provides adequate protection and I always use a lanyard.