Surefire for throw

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Not trying to steal anybody's time, I will try to be short:

Which surefire LED has the best throw?

If it is the L5, is there a dual output switch (like on the L1 or L2) available?

Thanks.

No apologies necessary.
The Most powerful LED thrower I would think would be the Surefire L5, L6, and U2. With the New XR-E, I'm thinking the Surefire L1 Is up there too.

:welcome:

Patriot

Flashaholic
thanks man, but check my posts, ive posted everyday for the last few months probably. but anyways its nice to see someone cares.

I can vouch for this....lol :)

Slalomax, in one of the L1 thread people were saying that it threw much better that the U2. The L1 sounds like quite the light.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can vouch for this....lol :)

Slalomax, in one of the L1 thread people were saying that it threw much better that the U2. The L1 sounds like quite the light.

This thread is making me wan't get a CREE L1.
Better get out of here. :tinfoil:

Thanks for the info Patriot.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you don't mind moving away form Surefire, you could get lights with a lot more throw that also have good quality(some say better then surefire quality).

The E1/2L seem to have the same beam pattern as the L1.

Gerhard

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind moving away form Surefire, you could get lights with a lot more throw that also have good quality(some say better then surefire quality).

Which other ones are better than the surefires?

I was looking at the Inova T2 and T3, Fenix P3D Q5, some of the wolf eyes (but i have no idea what their quality is like), and the pelican M's, and i was even thinking about a novatac.

My dad has an "Ultrafire 3W" (which at the tailcap never takes in more than 1W), and is really disappointed with the quality. It has never been dropped and not even been scratched, but the light goes on and off, depening on how it's held, tapped, or shaken. All the physical contacts are in good condition (new and clean), but it always keeps acting up. Have similar things been heard about wolf eyes?

Which of the lights above (or others I don't yet know about or didn't mention) are built rock solid, bright, and throw well?

Thanks!
:candle:

Mountain Man

Newly Enlightened
I just posted a simlar topic, looking for somthing around 100 lumes ( L2 through L5) with more throw and power than a 6P or E2L I just bought.

I really like surefire, have used for years, but want top shelf performance and reliability in a small, discreet package.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want throw, you don't want a Surefire L1. You want a Tiablo A9S. The L1 is a jewel, but the A9S is a light saber. And less money. Slightly. :)

I have both. They are both great, but they are very different lights.