Ultrafire C3 5-Mode

revmarktx

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone received one of the 5 mode ultrafire C3's yet? This light has alot of potential especially considering what a value the single mode light is. There is one review on DX that indicates that there is no last mode memory, but no comparisons to other lights. They indicate that the levels are well set, but do not give any additional info about the the level settings or any runtime stats. Being an engineer I tend towards keep it simple stupid (KISS). The C3 is a strong performer and very simple. There is alot that could be messed up with a multi mode light. Such as

Poor efficiency in the regulation circuit
Poor overall regulation
Bad selection of levels (100>60>40) that alot of the cheap DX lights have
We already know there is a strobe and SOS (Why for the million'th time???)
There is no last mode memory

There are some comments that prototype models were brighter than the single mode C3 on high at the expense of a much shorter runtime. How short and is this true?

I am very interested in comments from anyone who has one. If I decide to get one I will definitely post a full review.

This is a great forum and I appreciate everyone's help

Reverend Mark

steve68

Newly Enlightened
Hi Reverend Mark,

I have orderd one a view days ago at DX. Till now the 5 modes C3 are not on the official ultrafire homepage.
If I get it I' come back to you.

steve

steve68

Newly Enlightened
C3 5-Mode arrived yesterday from Dx.

overall quality looks good. Modes: med(60)-low(40)-high(100)-strobe-sos.
There is no memory function and: It starts allways at the next level - not always on med.
You have always cycle to the mode you prefere and there is always the chance to start with the strobe (If lasttime shut off in highmode).

steve

Greggy_D

Newly Enlightened
As a CPF newbie, I can state that I HATE the 5 mode lights. I'd rather see a 3 mode (lo-med-hi) light with a memory function that works the same each and every time.

revmarktx

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for everyone's feedback. It sounds like ultrafire did not do a good job with multiple modes, too bad. If I was to get a C3 I would get the single mode version.

I decided to order a Jetbeam C-LE instead. It has a great form factor, good price ~$30+shipping at bugoutgearusa.com (with the CPF discount), support within the US and has a true low mode and memory function. On the negative side it does have strobe and SOS modes that have to be cycled through. One more vote for eliminating Strobe and SOS. It is not as bright as an L1D or Olight T15. Jetbeam has also had quality issues in the past, but is under new management and has made a commitment to an official QA program (Time will tell). I will post a review when it comes in.

Thanks again,
Reverend Mark

Bonky

Banned
Posted this elsewhere too but for the record with my 5-mode C3s if you leave them off for a couple of minutes they will reset to Medium.

Last edited:

kenzo

Newly Enlightened
really? thats good :0
around how long do you have to leave it off for?
starting in medium is better than starting off in strobe