Brightest 1 AA flashlight?

zmoz

Enlightened
What is the brightest flashlight I can find that uses 1 AA battery?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can get one of the original Arc LS, that would be your ticket. I don't know of any other 1AA light that comes close. If anyone does, let me know.

Gandalf

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
logicnerd411 said:
A current production one is the CMG Infinity Ultra. It is the brightness of an Arc AAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is a little brighter than my Arc-LE. Don't know how it compares to the latest 9200mcd Nichia's, though.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are looking for a production light I'd say the Infinity Ultra with a Lithium AA.

I'd love to get the Ultra with the new 9200mcd Nichia's, I like the beam pattern better.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, I say, with a production light, I would go with a Infinity Ultra with one of those Energizer CV-3 Lithiums which is in AA size and is 3 volts (those made in Japan). They come in a pair and contains 2 AA size cells, each 3 volts.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried the 3v CV-3 in my Infinity Ultra and it was less bright than with a 1.5v Lithium. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

zmoz

Enlightened
I'd like to find something bright that takes a standard AA, as I want to use a NiMh.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Infinity Ultra will take any AA. It's just a tad brighter with lithium. I just did a quick test with a NiMh AA in the Ultra and to my eyes it is the same as a Lithium AA.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... maybe CMG has made the circuit such that if no step up is needed, it's a direct by pass?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
thelightsite gives the following Lux readings:

Infinity Ultra 28 Lux for 25 hours
Arc AAA LE 21 Lux for 5 hours
Infinity 6 Lux for 40 hours

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If by Production, you mean Factory made (not one of CPF's Modders), then I don't know of any Luxeons in 1AA currently produced by any manufacturer.

The best 1AA on the market today, that I know of, is the CMG Infinity Ultra for LED. For incans, you are stuck with kiddie lights.

The makers of the X5 and X5T are coming out with a 1AA LED light, similar to the X5 series, but with 1 LED and a colimmator lens. However, that is not on the market yet. Seen it from topics here on CPF.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have time, I'm sure several of the mod men of this forum could custom make a very bright 1AA for you designed to utilise whatever battery you prefer.