Fenix L2T 2.0, starting up problem

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my L2T a couple of days ago, noticed something when I was playing with it.

When the light is in low mode and you switch it on, it seems for the first fraction of a second the light intensity is hi, then immediately switch to low, it's pretty hard to see, you need to look at the beam shot not relector to notice. Does anyone else notice this too? Or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, at least I know I'm not nuts. :D

It's a bit annoying thou, when I start in low mode there's a reason, and I'd prefer no bright flash first.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
The same flash problem occurs on my L2D head. It's been a complaint of quite a few owners, since it could compromise night-adapted eyes. Something with the design that Fenix needs to fix. Still on the backburner, I guess.

markfinn

Newly Enlightened
My L2T v2.0 does the same (also thought about posting here...) but I found that it seems to be less when operating the light with (fresh charged) Eneloop NiMHs compared to Alkaline primary batteries.
Doesn't bother me anymore, it has no effect on my night vision since I feel that the low mode is already too bright. No light for reading a book in the bed :)
Besides that, I really like the throw & spill, it's very close to my P3DR100 except for a 'cooler' tint.

paulr

Flashaholic
This is a well known glitch of multi-level fenix lights. The zebralight h50 also does it.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a well known glitch of multi-level fenix lights. The zebralight h50 also does it.

This occurs due to charging filter capacitor at the burst (first switching cycle)... initial transient wave settles down quickly to a low mode.

Latest posts