• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB - Arc LS3

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: WTB - Arc 2X123

LS3's are extremely rare. I think there were a few dozen total sold. They do occasionally get sold here on CPF but it's sort of a memorable event when that happens. If you really want one, better put it in the thread title, and be ready to wait a long time and pay a lot. At first I thought you wanted a 2x123 battery tube for the Arc4+ and I had vague recollections of something like that existing, though it may have just been for the HDS counterpart. In principle with appropriate electronics, you could run an old style Arc LS from 2x123, but the regular electronics were boost only and would fry from the higher voltage.

Groundhog66

Banned
Re: WTB - Arc 2X123

LS3's are extremely rare. I think there were a few dozen total sold. They do occasionally get sold here on CPF but it's sort of a memorable event when that happens. If you really want one, better put it in the thread title, and be ready to wait a long time and pay a lot. At first I thought you wanted a 2x123 battery tube for the Arc4+ and I had vague recollections of something like that existing, though it may have just been for the HDS counterpart. In principle with appropriate electronics, you could run an old style Arc LS from 2x123, but the regular electronics were boost only and would fry from the higher voltage.

Thank you for the input, very helpful.

Tim

mahoney

Enlightened
LS-3s are almost as scarce as hen's teeth.

If you can come up with a 2 X 123 battery pack (there were a few extra sold at one point), and a rev. 2.0 LS (LS2, LSL, LSH-P, etc.) you can make your own. The LS3 used the stock electronics with an extra resistor to boost drive output and a LUX V in place of a one watt Lux. IIRC Peter said that the LS3 was driven at about 3 watts, so that would put the current through the LED at 400-500 ma.

I've seen Aleph bodies cut down and re-threaded to fit ARC LSs. That could solve the battery pack issue.