Novatac "flickrproblem" still an issue???

hds-lover

Banned
Hey there,

been reading lots and lots of good info here and finally want to buy a novatac 120P. Now in the beginning i`ve read alot about this flickr problem until lately. Is this still an issue when buying one these days ;)? Or has Novatac solved it?

Any input appreciated...

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to me I recall reading that if you got one that flickered you could send it back to Novatac and they'd send you one that doesn't, which seemed reasonable to me.

hds-lover

Banned
Seems to me I recall reading that if you got one that flickered you could send it back to Novatac and they'd send you one that doesn't, which seemed reasonable to me.
Yes i got that too but since i live in Germania and buy from us dealers i don`t wanna send it back and wait like 4 + weeks and mess around with stupid import taxes ya know ...:shrug:

djblank87

Enlightened
I bought a 120P and 120T from lighthound a few months back and both of them had flickering problems. Lighthound of course re-sent me two new ones and those also had the same problem.

I kept the P series and sent back the 120T for a direct exchange for a different light.

Gary007

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the later models, #14236, and I've got the flickering issue. Novatac didn't want to do much about it when I contacted them. They said "[FONT=&quot]Some minor flickering is somewhat inherent to the software. It usually occurs at very low lumen levels or when changing from brighter to primary. It generally settles out within a few seconds."[/FONT] :thumbsdow

Thankfully all of my Chinese made Fenix flashlights have been flawless.

Last edited:

scottaw

Enlightened
#11750...seems to be an earlier number (if sequential) and mine will only flicker on the lowest possible setting, and only like 1/25 times. And then, click off and on again and it's ok. I'd go ahead and buy one and hope for the best, it really is a great light.