Just bought a gun last night (pics)

lightwave1209

Newly Enlightened
guncashammoua3.jpg

with the fiance's cash LOL

fnp9alo8.jpg

It is the FN Herstal FNP-9 (9mm). It came with three 16-round magazines. I bought this off Gunbroker for $350.00 new plus shipping and FFL fee.

Overall it is a fine handgun. I changed the backstrap out to straight instead of curved and it fits my hand very well.

Some features are plastic frame for light weight, exposed hammer (to see if your gun is cocked or not), light rail, high capacity, and fine workmanship.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
... light rail...

So... You obviously need to use some of that beautiful crisp cash & get something nice on that light rail. Maybe a laser sight too, right? I mean, this is just an excuse to need more lights, right?

Looks very nice. We can't get many polymer framed pistols in Massachusetts.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
lol Binky, my first question of course is what light will you be using with it :hahaha:

Very nice piece you have there :goodjob:

A question, it looks like a decocking model?

Another benefit for an exposed hammer is a second strike capability if there's a soft strike on the primer. These are pretty rare, but nonetheless another advantage :)

Bushman5

Enlightened
I wish i lived in a country where i could buy and enjoy a handgun. Thanks to the bleeding heart liberals in Canada, we're not allowed. :(

i would love an old COLT 45 6 shooter :(

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Now all you need is a top-quality holster and weapon-light for it. :thumbsup:

Have you had a chance to hit the range yet? How good is its intrinsic accuracy? Will this be a Carry Piece or something for Home Defense, or just something you bought for less serious reasons?

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Bushman do you have any more information about that? I was under the impression that you could in Canada with the correct licence?

I thought it was mainly no .25 or .32 calibre, and pistols must have a minimum barrel length of 105cm.

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/factsheets/restricted_e.asp might be a good place to start researching if it still is possible?

I'm on the other side of the world so perhaps a fellow Canadian can chime in and help?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet piece at what sounds like a good price! :thumbsup: Let us know how it handles. 16-rd. mags... Nice!

Myself, I just bought an old Mosin-Nagant M91. It even comes with a bayonet! :hahaha:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last dream before waking this AM involved my owning two new guns. The composite model looked like lightwave's gun, was also black and was a "G2". The other one was a smaller, OD colored, metal, type "E2" weapon.

Talk about a twisted flashaholic's coincident.

Nice gun, lightwave. Boy was I disappointed when I awoke sans new guns. :confused:

ksonger

Newly Enlightened
that is hilarious! the 9mm is like a 45 on stun and real men do not believe in stun!!

I have been lusting after an fn 5.7 but it is unlikely that is going to happen here im massachusetts.

k

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to see that the Mosin I bought is a "manly" gun (not that I doubted it). It says I really may need a recoil pad or shooting jacket... :huh:

So lightwave, have you had a chance to take your new toy to the range yet?

Bayonet. :laughing:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
guncashammoua3.jpg

with the fiance's cash LOL

fnp9alo8.jpg

It is the FN Herstal FNP-9 (9mm). It came with three 16-round magazines. I bought this off Gunbroker for $350.00 new plus shipping and FFL fee.

Overall it is a fine handgun. I changed the backstrap out to straight instead of curved and it fits my hand very well.

Some features are plastic frame for light weight, exposed hammer (to see if your gun is cocked or not), light rail, high capacity, and fine workmanship.
Any link!

DanielG

Enlightened
Nice! You planning on CCW with it? Get a good belt and holster, yes they're worth the price.

Seems I've only got 3 of the manly guns and only want one of the others on the list. :grin2:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is hilarious! the 9mm is like a 45 on stun and real men do not believe in stun!!

I have been lusting after an fn 5.7 but it is unlikely that is going to happen here im massachusetts.

k

Why do you want a 5.7? It's a small fast round without much knockdown power. Unless you want to carry a lot of ammo or want a really flat shooting cartridge I'd skip it. It's a better idea in the P90 submachine gun, or against targets wearing a lot of gear in the military.

Unless the AG puts it on the approved list (no chance) you'll never see one in MA. The only possibility would be someone moving from another state with one, then buying it off him. Then buying ammo might be a problem. You'll of course need the class A LTC for any hi-cap handgun.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish i lived in a country where i could buy and enjoy a handgun. Thanks to the bleeding heart liberals in Canada, we're not allowed. :(

i would love an old COLT 45 6 shooter :(
Same here..:( We malaysians are not allowed to carry or let alone own a gun, hell we can even buy firecrackers !

Latest posts