6P Strike bezel, HELP

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
I have a C3 on the way.

I know it uses the same head as the 6p with a different LA

I want to put a crenulated bezel on the light:

I found this one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stainless-Steel...yZ106987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this includes the head and crenulated bezel. My question is if the Stainless Bezel part (silver ring in the pic) will thread into the head of the "real" SF head?

I know I could just use the whole head but mt C3 is Natural HAIII don't really want the whole head black

If the example i gave will not work who makes one that will?

Thank you
G.

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
Good thought on the GG&G,

My only concern would be the added bulk and weight.

I can't believe no one has tried these ebay ones they can be had for very cheap

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I picked up a 6pd bezel on b/s/t. I also ended up buying a whole 6pd as well :) But mine was also for a black light (Z2). I understand your colour preference :)

Purely my opinion and preference, but I try and keep my Surefires as milspec as possible. I don't know what QC process is involved in the ebay one you have shown, lens material and its water resistance etc. With Surefire I know its good to go, and if things do go south for some reason it is covered by their warranty. Just my opinion.

As far as how the bezel ring would attach to the original C3 head, wish I could help but I don't have any idea :(

weed099

Newly Enlightened
I bought the non SS version before. The quality is not anywhere close to SF. The crenelated part kept coming off of the bezel and the lens would fall out. The threads didn't line up very well, but I haven't tried to put it on the SF bezel. I want the 6PD bezel.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks very much like the all black G&P head at lighthound (tho one where that strike bezel can be removed).

Unfortunately my 6P is this old, it has no treads at the head, so I cant try if the treads meet for You

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
Wow I figured there would have been many people who have tried this.

any of the custom makers making the crenulated part? Seems like there would be decent demand for this since the same head comes on the 6P 9P C2 C3 and a bunch of others and now with the CREE drop ins these light can be amazing again

houtex

Enlightened
I bought the lighthound head with ss bezel for a friend of mine with a 6p.the ss bezel is removable but has different sized threads than the surefire.I had hoped to purchase a ss bezel and planned on adding it to a C2 in HA.thought it would look good.Maybe you could have it machined to fit the surefire.from what I remember they were the same diameter but the ss bezel threads were longer ,thicker than they surfires.meaning even if it had the same thread pattern it would not have screwed all the way down.