It's official: Mrs. GreenLED is a flashaholic :)

greenLED

Flashaholic
It was bound to happen...

The Fedex dude delivered my long-awaited Cree L1 earlier today. I opened the package, did the oooh-aaaahh's of surprise as I shone it around the house (the L1 is officially one of my favorite SF lights - again). My wife had the usual look of amusement when she sees me try a new light, but then she took the light from me and said:

"So, could you add a pink GID ring here? (points at the bezel)"
I'm like... :confused: "Nah, not really, I like blue GID better."
She: "But I loved how you added the different GID colors onto your knife." (I did GID dots of different colors on a Fenix knife.)
Me: "Really? I dunno if I want pink there."
She: "But I like that pink. Let me see your knife and I'll show you."

...Red flags go off in the back of my mind... something's not right - I think she's pulling me leg... I pull out the knife...

She:
"See? I like this color. I think it's the nicest project you've done."
Me: "Yeah, it's a nice color, but..."
She goes on: "Do you have pink paracord? I want you to make me a matching lanyard. Thank you, honey." :smooch:

It's clear now she's dead serious. "My" Cree L1 was never really mine... it resides in Mrs. GreenLED's purse now, and will soon sport a pink day-glo ring on the bezel. :)

Maybe she'll buy me a Cree L1 for Christmas? :candle:

djblank87

Enlightened
Your a lucky man greenLED, at least Mrs. GreenLED has some intrest in what you do.

Thats to bad your L1 is about to go by, by though :ohgeez:.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup:I was about to ask you for pink paracord...My wife is giving me that "wheres-my-cool-lanyard" look...:shakehead

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You're a lucky man greenLED, at least Mrs. GreenLED has some intrest in what you do.

That's to bad your L1 is about to go by, by though :ohgeez:.

You just described why he's an unlucky man.

Good news: She won't mind if you spend more $$$ on lights!

Bad news: You won't have any clue until the light arrives, if you get to keep it. :sick2:

BTW, will the Mrs. be creating her own account on CPF?

Scattergun

Enlightened
My wife loves a Nuwai QIII i bought a couple of years ago, but lately she has been eyeballing a few other lights.... I don´t know if it´s a good or a bad thing, -But she´s not complaining about me getting new lights either so I guess it´s a good thing!! :twothumbs

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
HA! it was bound to happen Green.

I think as they (other/better half) use a light a few times they begin to understand just how useful the lights really are.

What we really need is the new EL1 Cree in EL1 Winelight format.

Bill

It was bound to happen...

"My" Cree L1 was never really mine... it resides in Mrs. GreenLED's purse now, and will soon sport a pink day-glo ring on the bezel. :)

Maybe she'll buy me a Cree L1 for Christmas? :candle:

Gaffle

Enlightened
This sounds like an evil plot.

greenLED : "Oh boy, I finally have the new L1."

Mrs. greenLED : "I can't believe he bought another light! Hmmm, what to do, what to do..."

:whistle:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a good thing that she likes flashlights, but it's not a good thing that she thinks she needs this sort of psychological sneaking around to snatch your light.
Let's face it, had she asked you'd probably given it to her out of sheer joy or ordered another one for her, am I right?

I don't like this behaviour. My things are mine and mine alone, until I decide to give them out. Which I will gladly do, especially to my significant other, if I see they'd like them and if I can afford it, but I will NOT accept such weaselly maneuvers.

DM51

Flashaholic
Lol, well done, greenLED, but I think Monocrom's right about the good news and bad news, especially as you've now lost that L1.

And if she does sign up here, will her handle be Mrs. GreenLED, or perhaps more appropriately (given her color preference) pinkLED?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that story. Somewhere inside all of us lurks a flashaholic. It just takes the right stimulus to bring it out.

Valolammas

Enlightened
I don't like this behaviour. My things are mine and mine alone, until I decide to give them out. Which I will gladly do, especially to my significant other, if I see they'd like them and if I can afford it, but I will NOT accept such weaselly maneuvers.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought as well. I don't get this claiming other people's stuff thing.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife always complained about my flashlight habit until I loaned her a SSC'ed Fenix L2p with a 123 tube, she loved it so much she never returned it and EDC's it in her purse, no more complaints about my flasholism either.

AlexGT

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It's a good thing that she likes flashlights, but it's not a good thing that she thinks she needs this sort of psychological sneaking around to snatch your light.
Let's face it, had she asked you'd probably given it to her out of sheer joy or ordered another one for her, am I right?

Happy Wife = Happy Life. :D