E2E /E1E led conversions?

pete55555

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone make a drop in led assembly for either of these 2 lights? If yes, what is the general opinion on them? I have a KL1 head but it's bulky and not too bright. Thanks.

BigD64

Enlightened
The KX1 heads should be out soon. They are brighter and run longer than the KLs. Size is about the same though. If you want brighter now the KL4 is the head to get but it'll cost ya.

BigD64

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's easier to mod the old 1st gen L1 head than the E1e head to LED. More expensive - you have to get an L1 first, and the old ones are getting very rare - but makes for a better result with made-for-LED heat sinking and is slightly smaller than the E1/E2 head since it has a cutout around it which also gives better grip. I currently use an SSC modded old L1 head on an E1e body. My favorite and most carried light anymore. I use a two-stage McE2s switch on it. ~30L low, 150+ on high. I recommend using some sort of resistor because it direct drives the LED in this set up - there is no driver in the L1 head or E1 body.

If you really want to mod your E1 head, then I think somebody here was working to make a Rebel solution. The rebel can fit on a post like the E series bulb. I have not seen it being offered yet. I think it can be done, the heat sinking on a post just won't be as good as an L1, KL1, or KX1 head.