Light for "used" 123 cells

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Light for \"used\" 123 cells

It's the all too familiar "What light should I buy next?" routine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm after a regulated one to suck the last drop of juice from my growing collection of half dead 123 cells - which, BTW still costs the same outrageous amount it ever did here in Australia.

I was thinkin' Inova X5T but the new SF L1/A2s caught my eye too. Any others? What are the cases for/against?

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Re: Light for

Inova X5t suck for near dead battery. It's direct drive so it dims as the batteries lose juice. A step up voltage converter would work best but I don't know of any 123 flashlight with one.

The L1 and A2s are regulated, but if the voltage is too low it will drop out of regulation. I think the KL1 would work best with 2 near dead 123s driving it. My thought is that it is designed to work with 6v OR 3v 1 cell with only a slight drop in lumen output so 2 near dead cells should have at least 3volts.

Just guessing, I could be wrong.

Deviant

Enlightened
Re: Light for \"used\" 123 cells

My recommendation would be a Opalec Newbeam modded in a E2e.
that should be abt to run down your 1/4 full 123s.
u can contact Dspeck for more details /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Monsters_Inc

Banned

Whoops, I was under the impression Inova were regulated. Guess it's just Surefire from here on in then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Arc LS get about an hour from a used battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif