How to buy with PayPal?

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
Disclaimer: I hope this is the right forum; it seemed like the least inappropriate.

I am about to make my first ever PayPal transaction. I want to buy a Liteflux LF2 from LED Cool. I think I understand how to send funds with PayPal, but what is the best way to place my order, and how do I link my payment with my order?

Is there a standard "right" way to do that here on CPF?

Thanks

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be sure to mention your CPF ID and exactly what you're ordering in the email message PayPal creates (it'll give you Subject and Comments boxes or something), and post in his thread what you bought and how much you paid. I think that's about it.

P.S.: I got my LF2 from LED Cool also. It's a nice light. :)

basill

Newly Enlightened
The system running here for purchases seems to have evolved in to a very good system. I think the most important thing is to post on the sale thread and ensure the same info including CPF handle goes in the comments box on the PP checkout page.

On a similar line, I notice that some people ask for extra for Credit Card paypal, I have no problem with adding this as it seems fair enough! But I would like to know if my own payments will attract this extra charge.

My payments are funded by direct debit from my bank account can someone tell me if this would attract charges for the reciever or is it necessary to keep a sufficient cash balance in the PP account?

Cheers,

B