Cabela's 1x 123 LED/Xenon mini review vs Pal & LX

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Cabela\'s 1x 123 LED/Xenon mini review vs Pal & LX

Hey all, it's 4 am and I got bored so I wanted to post some pics of my new favorite light the Cabela's extreme LED/Xenon 1 cell 123 lithium flashlight vs 2 of my other favorites.

First here is the Extreme LED/Xenon in my hand
test3.jpg

Next a size comparison to the Brinkmann Legend LX
test4.jpg

Another shot of the Extreme LED/Xenon vs LX
test5.jpg

And now a size comparison vs the PALight
test6.jpg

Another angle of the two lights
test7.jpg

Now the good stuff, the Extreme LED/Xenon in the Xenon mode (LEFT) vs the Legend LX
test1.jpg

Now the extreme LED/Xenon (right) in the LED mode vs the PALight
test2.jpg

Summary:

When you look at the Extreme LED/Xenon Vs the Legend LX it appears as if they are the same brightness and maybe even the extreme Xenon brighter...the camera is playing tricks on us because in the naked eye the legend lx is the sure winner but to be fair remember the Extreme is only using 1 123 lithium cell which shows you it's still a pretty darn powerful light for it's size!

Vs the PALight because the Extreme is not capable of focusing the LEDs (only the xenon lamp) the light is spread out and the PALight is brighter, the palight also uses that one dinky little LED if you've ever taken the lense off your palight you'd see what i mean (don't know where they got that one from!) But anyway the LED feature of the light still puts out a great amount of light for it's package /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've also noticed my 'dead' batteries that i'm glad I didn't throw away work nicely in this flashlight in the LED mode....later on I'll run a test to see just how long the 'dead' batteries work (these batteries don't have enough juice to light up the Xenon at all but the LEDs run full blast)

Well I know I'm writing a lot so I'll stop now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Happy Flashlightning!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re: Cabela\'s 1x 123 LED/Xenon mini review vs Pal & LX

Wow, great info...keep us up to date with your "runtime" tests, eh? Thanks!