Brightnorm

recercare

Enlightened
Hiah Brightnorm. Do you have the DB 8AA? if so then maybe you'll be interested in this:

Previous quote from Recercare:

Thanks Lemlux, I know W.A has another bulb that fits the 8AA. #01307 ..4.8V, 1.10A, 104.3 lumen, 5.28W.
It will probably give an output equal to the Surge with longer burn time since the efficacy is 19.8(!)

Qutoe from Lemlux
recercare:
I concur with your assessment of the 4.8 V 1.1 A bulb. In a serial / parallel DB 8AA it should behave very much like a stock Surge.

This is a combination that would seem to fit BrightNorm's preference for using alkalines and getting good run time with good brightness. 0.55 A per cell seems to be about perfect for BrightNorm for AA Alkaline drains.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by recercare:
Hiah Brightnorm. Do you have the DB 8AA? if so then maybe you'll be interested in this:

Previous quote from Recercare:

Thanks Lemlux, I know W.A has another bulb that fits the 8AA. #01307 ..4.8V, 1.10A, 104.3 lumen, 5.28W.
It will probably give an output equal to the Surge with longer burn time since the efficacy is 19.8(!)

Qutoe from Lemlux
recercare:
I concur with your assessment of the 4.8 V 1.1 A bulb. In a serial / parallel DB 8AA it should behave very much like a stock Surge.

This is a combination that would seem to fit BrightNorm's preference for using alkalines and getting good run time with good brightness. 0.55 A per cell seems to be about perfect for BrightNorm for AA Alkaline drains.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Recercare and Lemlux,

Thank you both very much for thinking of me, and recercare for that "Brightnorm" post. It is very much appreciated!

I don't have the DB 8AA. Any idea where I could get one (for a not too outlandish price?)

Thanks again,
Brightnorm