• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph Mule!

cqbdude

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up John...:thumbsup:

And at the same time....Damn you...:laughing: I just spent more money that I dont have...:shrug:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Thanks for the update! I just placed my order. =)

However, hopefully someone can help me figure out which tailcap to buy. I purchased the aleph mule head alone, since I already own a 1x123 aleph body. However, I'd like to create a more versatile 2-stage light, with both a high and a low - essentially the mule, for less. What resistor will I need to buy for the tailcap?

I noticed that the "complete" mule package comes with a 2x123 body and a 60-ohm tailcap. I'm not as savvy with electronics, so I'm wondering whether, if I plan to use this head with a 1x123 aleph body, the 60-ohm tailcap will produce the same brightness on low....or whether I'll need a 30-ohm tailcap.

Thanks!

- FITP

mspeterson

Enlightened
+1 on the pics, or at least a little more info!!! I could just wait until it arrives, but what fun is that?!!

Also, any word on the 1x123 Clicky packs?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some pics of the Mule head and light.

Mule Head.
t_mule_head1.jpg

t_mule_head2.jpg

2X Light.
t_mule_light.jpg

The Head has a SOB 750 and sports a disc of MCPET.

Enjoy!

Wayne

mspeterson

Enlightened
Wayne, Thanks for the pics!

Looks great, I'd buy one if I didn't already have one on the way!:tinfoil:

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm confused, is SOB a buck-only converter, i.e. can you use this head on a 1x123 body? Any chance of setting up some of the heads with a GD?

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm confused, is SOB a buck-only converter, i.e. can you use this head on a 1x123 body? Any chance of setting up some of the heads with a GD?

Hopefully we can, as I plan on using this in a 1x123 body. I would assume it would work fine till the voltage drops <3.0v which is probably the cutoff of alot of 1 cell lights anyways.

paulr

Flashaholic
Stillphoto the SOB only lowers the input voltage, it doesn't boost it. So you'll get very dim output on one cell.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should run on 1 RCR123. The Vf of the LED is probably around 3.5 V @ 750 mA so a fully charged RCR123 will power it.

The regulated runtime may not be the best, but at least it's free.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn...well thats what I get for jumping the gun and getting the first offering. What converter should I look to have installed in place of the SOB? Wanting this to be my pocketable single cell edc.

who

Newly Enlightened
You can always try 2xRCR2 in a 1.5x123 (1x17500) body. It should be compact enough for EDC. I have one Aleph Mule coming too.
Darn...well thats what I get for jumping the gun and getting the first offering. What converter should I look to have installed in place of the SOB? Wanting this to be my pocketable single cell edc.