So I finally got a charger to run RCR2s in my Jil JCR2 IT and...

Gatsby

Enlightened
Holy guacamole! :eek:

This has a P4 mod and I'd been running in on CR2 primaries with nice enough results, if a tad underwhelming - but loaded with a fresh AW RCR2 - my goodness it is brighter, I mean A LOT brighter! :twothumbs

I might have to reprogram the levels again. I turned it on and thought I was in the wrong level as the now lowest setting looked about like the medium setting on primaries, the medium setting looked like max and max is, well, just really really bright ... all in a very small and durable package.

It's a shame these lights seem to have disappeared from the map - as a P4 or Cree Jil JCR2 IT would still be a very appealing light I think in today's market - I have to think it would compete favorably with the Raw, CR2 Ion, etc...

Last edited:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I presume it's an unregulated 3.7v cell if it gives so much more brightness.
Do keep in mind that battery life will probably be less than half of what you'd get from primaries.

Gatsby

Enlightened
Yes - it is one of AW's protected unregulated 3.7v cells. Thankfully I have a couple of them and the Jil is for me at least a spot use EDC light so I'm hoping battery life won't be a huge issue - but no question there is no free lunch and there are tradeoffs. Thankfully I have a CAB extension on the way so I can also run 14500s for a longer runtime option. :naughty:

Latest posts