Help needed with Liteflux LF2 switch

ChadPhelps

Newly Enlightened
My light turns on with the slightest turn (even 1mm) which results in it always being on in my pocket. Looking at the contact side of the switch there is an inner stationary contact and an outer spring loaded contact. What needs to be tightened or loosened to fix this. I just need more travel before the switch activates P1.

Gatsby

Enlightened
Chad - the top ring has two little holes, rotate until they align with the holes on the bottom ring and tighten the bottom one up. That should do the trick I'd think. My LF5 turns on with less than 1/4 turn, more like 1/8 or so, but it is enough to keep it from turning on in my pocket!

I also put a tiny bit of teflon lubricant on the top of the battery tube where it meets the switch and that seems to have helped keep the switch tight.

LED Cool

Enlightened
hello chadphelps,

i am afraid nothing can be done about this issue. all LF2 will turn on with the slightest turn. the only thing is to make sure it is tighten when off. when tightened, it is not so easy to loosen the head without some effort.

this issue has been addressed in LF3/LF4/LF5. with a bigger diameter, these later models can afford to have a "free play area" of a few mm of rotation.

khoo

qarawol

Enlightened
ChadPhelps,

I have two LF2's and both turn on at the P1 setting once I break the 'off' setting. This is not a defect. As Khoo (LED Cool) stated, just tighten it snug before it's pocketed or buy one of my belt holsters for it. :)

Njoy...

ChadPhelps

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, I think that this is going to be a deal breaker on the LF2's for me (and I still have another on the way.....guess it will go on the marketplace). I appreciate the input though.