frankenstein camo kit - $24.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of you may have remembered the LS grey kit. Well, now we are offering the Frankenstein camo kit (it just happens to be halloween). We have some extra parts and put them in a kit. each kit consists of:

1, camo battery pack
1, standard head (3lm, ha natural)
1, duracell
1, clip

together it makes a weird looking light (hence the "frankenstein" appearance) or you can use the parts seperately.

here's the order page - $24.95

We have about 100 of these left.

peter

bfly

Newly Enlightened
If it had a snow or premium head I would probably pickup a couple. 3lm is a little low for my needs.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to recall that there was quite a bit of interest in the camo for some time before ARC produced these this year. Rather than waiting a long time for a production run of camo DS's or Snows, this may be a pretty good way to achieve that now by switching out the bodies. The 3lm heads and non-camo bodies would still make great gifts.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
When we anodize the parts for the Arc-AAA, the head and body are plated at the same time. During all the subsequent assembly steps, the heads are more likely to fail QC than the bodies. Over time, this causes us to have more bodies than heads in inventory. This is one of the extra costs of making a special anodize color.

We might be out of the 3lm heads, I'll check this coming week. If so, I'll upgrade the offer to 5.5lm.

peter

da.gee

Enlightened
I would look at the 5.5s for sure. My father-in-law saw the Arc AAA-P on my wife's keychain this week. He now has an Arc-AAA-P. I had to go into my secret stash of Arcs to replace hers. I need to replenish my supplies!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or offer the 3.3lm heads cheap to modders... I would be interesting in modding one to a Nichia GS. ;)

Donny Dont

Newly Enlightened
No longer a Frankenstein kit, I see. But still with the 3.3lm head.
I am still tempted but need some partners to go in on it for the shipping to Canada.

I love my ARC-C and the -UV.

Joe

fixzit

Newly Enlightened
if the head was upgraded to the -P (5lm) head I would also be interested,
I already own 2 of the camo units:thumbsup:

LED_astray

Newly Enlightened
When we anodize the parts for the Arc-AAA, the head and body are plated at the same time. During all the subsequent assembly steps, the heads are more likely to fail QC than the bodies. Over time, this causes us to have more bodies than heads in inventory. This is one of the extra costs of making a special anodize color.

I've been looking for battery carriers and remembered this comment. It gave me the idea of making caps and selling the extra tubes as spare battery holders.

Hooking an AAA-P and a matching battery tube back to back with an (oval?) split-ring would be perfect some of the time. (I carry a Swiss Army Classic on my AAA-P now. A little more to grab, but still folds to fit in my pocket easily. It doesn't work well when I need a knife and a flashlight though. :) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.