Tigerlight lanyard That works!!

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night while messing around with a brinkmann rebel, alright I was taking it apart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif. I found the lanyard ring from the rebel would fit the TL with some effort. It is a tight fit and must be lubed with water to get all the way to the gold ring, I covered that nasty gold ring with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. It feels very solid and will not rotate around the light like you may think. This rocks!!! no more cord locks sinched down around the light!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wouldn't want that much weight noosed around my wrist, but hey, whatever trips your trigger;)

why does everybody hate the gold ring?? i like it, seperates it from the gag light.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Onyx said:
'Sif the light output alone doesn't separate it from a gaglite!

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it took a while but here is the picture. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
TLlayard.jpg

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was the reader not the driver so I had to get a new one. This picture is from Josh, but I am not sure what the problem was on his end. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope not yet,that is my uncles coolpix. Soon... After arguing with the place I got the camera from I'm ordering a driver for it tomorrow.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you know if that rubber ring is available by itself from somewhere?

And just out of curiosity -- Why do you dislike the gold ring? Too prissy? Too shiny? Too non-tactical? ... what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
I've heard a lot of other folks complain about the golden ring and I have to admit I don't get it.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
binky, I'm no hardcore tactical everything freak or anything I just think it's a waste of space. If Tigerlight wanted to make it less mag looking with the gold ring they should have designed it different. IMHO it is to mag looking in the first place. Function over form,the ring has no function. It's funny how many people will call it "a bright maglite". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif As for the rubber ring, you will have to buy a rebel for like 14 bucks or so.(2XAA, not the new one).

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Function --> Form

Always a good policy; Roger that. THX. I think I'm beginning to see what's unliked about it.

On my way to find a Brinkman... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a good idea/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif, you don't have to buy a yet another light to get the part. On the other hand if it's over the price of the rebel(probably not) I would go with the rebel ring.