New here, just saying HI.

stevet47

Newly Enlightened
I am new around here, and thought I'd say Hi.
I wouldn't consider myself a flashlight-aholic or whatever you call it, but I do know the value of a good flashlight.

I only have a couple of lights right, now, but here are some pics:

2 Million CP Spot, Lightwave 4000, Modded Dorcy, Modded Waterproof Taskforce, Streamlight KeyMate:
lights.jpg

Cheapo Home Depot 2 Million CP Spotlight:
2millionCPspot.jpg

Lightwave 4000:
Lightforce4000.jpg

Stock Dorcy:
StockDorcy.jpg

Modded Dorcy: (MR16 bulb powered by 6 CR123's)
ModedDorcy.jpg

ModdedDorcyReflector.jpg

MR16Reflector.jpg

Stock TaskForce:
BlueStock.jpg
StockTaskForce.jpg

Modded TaskForce: (Krypton KPR112 bulb powered by 3 CR123's)
ModdedTaskForce.jpg

Streamlight KeyMate:
SreamlightKeyMate.jpg

Control Picture:
control-1.jpg

Also, Last night I ordered a Streamlight UltraStinger, and I'll be ordered a SuperFire WF501D 4xCR123A soon, so my collection is growing.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool stuff! :)

You might want to consider a different battery solution for the MR16. 6xCR123A can't really deliver the power needed for a 50W light, which might explain the very orange beam in your beamshot. Try using LiFePO4 cells instead, which would be able to power that bulb quite nicely if they didn't pop it. Ideally, you could use 10xNiMH like AAs or 2/3As.

At worst, the CR123As could pose an explosion hazard in such a light. Just be careful...

stevet47

Newly Enlightened
Cool stuff! :)

You might want to consider a different battery solution for the MR16. 6xCR123A can't really deliver the power needed for a 50W light, which might explain the very orange beam in your beamshot. Try using LiFePO4 cells instead, which would be able to power that bulb quite nicely if they didn't pop it. Ideally, you could use 10xNiMH like AAs or 2/3As.

At worst, the CR123As could pose an explosion hazard in such a light. Just be careful...

Yea, I just kind of threw that one together, I'll have to try another power source sometime. It's not actually a light I use, I just felt like messing around with it.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I beg to differ... you have modified a flashlight, and your next order consists of more than one flashlight. They are definately tell-tale signs.

:welcome:

It starts.......

What MikeSalt said. You don't think you're a flashaholic, but you have at least one mod and you're posting your own beamshots. Hmmmm... Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. Newbie flashaholics, ye be warned...

leprechaun414

Enlightened
:welcome:

Nice start of lights. We all remember the first lights we started with and then think WOW how much money am I spending?

Nice pics and beamshots, your on your way to being a vet :twothumbs

Welcome aboard :wave:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: Welcome to CPF. Nice beam shots! I agree with Gunner12. You should pick up a Seoul/Cree/Rebel light and start down the path to the dark side (which with this hodby is actually the light side but the wouldn't be very Star Wars :))