Looking for a small UV light

Irelandunfree

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a small UV key chain light to use for work (Mainly checking for fraudulent documents during vehicle stops). I have an older Arc-AAA and see that they now make a UV version but wanted to know if I had any other options. The Streamlight UV stylus looks like it has potential, but I remember seeing a light online (maybe Fenix or Inova) that had the UV option but cannot find it online. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Marduke

Flashaholic
Ask and you shall receive....
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.912

And for true keychain use:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3414

The keychain ones are very good copies of the much more expensive Photon Microlights, which in UV run $12-15 each, instead of $0.47ea.

Personally, I like this one for pocket use, as it's too big for a keychain. I would recommend something other than a twisty since you will be using it frequently on and off for presumably several hours. For quality however, the Arc UV cannot be beat.

Last edited:

Irelandunfree

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick replies, I did some searching and found Peak Solution lights. They pretty much have a UV option for each light which is very nice, any one have any experience with one of their UV models?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're lucky.... the answer is so simple:
get the ARC AAA-P UV:naughty:
for heavy duty EDC use it's toughness is superb.
IMHO an excellent LEO EDC is the Wolf Eyes Rattlesnake,
with the UV LED tailcap. Bright 300lumens with a UV LED tailcap.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the Arc UV, it uses the new Nichia UV which does an amazing job at flourescing.
it will be many times better than your older ArcUV.
mind you, there is not alot of light coming out but it flouresces better than any other UV LED i've seen including the Inova X5 and Photon UV microlight.

here is my mini UV shootout to help you decide:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176509

btw, the Arc UV is the only UV light that i have seen that can flouresce the strip on the $100 bill, though very faintly.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I don't own an Arc UV but I sure think the Arc body is worth the extra if you don't mind spending it. My Arc AAA was the 4th LED that I ever purchased and it's the only one of the 4 that I still own. It's such a great little light.

Last edited:

Irelandunfree

Newly Enlightened
Yea looks like the Arc will fit my needs, now just the hard part........ordering just one Arc with my UV! Thanks for the quick replies, took care of my inquiring mind in a night!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't go wrong with peak or arc. I remember peak stating a couple months ago that they had some low wavelength UV diodes available. Call them up and ask if you need a specific wavelength.
Arc also has a very respectable wavelength.. not like the 405's that you'll find on DX.