It's fun to see the reaction of non-flashaholics

KingGlamis

Banned
Went camping at Glamis this weekend (where my screen name comes from, we go there a lot). It was a relatively small crowd in our camp, due mainly to the CA fires (lots of our CA friends stayed home). So we only had about 50-60 people in camp (we have 14 acres of private camping for our group and a typical holiday is well over 200 people in camp). So one night I was showing some friends my new P3D RB100 and one of the women watching me light up the cell tower asked how expensive my light was. I replied "About $70." After a couple whoas and damns I pulled out another light to compare the two and the same woman said in a voice of disbelief... "You carry TWO flashlights???" She said this with the same disbelief I would expect if I said I had two wives. :laughing: Then when I replied, "Actually I have 7 flashlights on me right now, three in belt holsters and two in each front pocket" she was literally speechless. :twothumbs My guess is her husband isn't allowed to buy such "silly toys." Then to lighten the mood I told her my Halloween costume was "Flashlight Man, The Brightest Man on the Planet." At least that got a mild chuckle out of her, but she still couldn't see why anyone would need so many flashlights. Luckily I didn't tell her I had about 15 other flashlights between my truck and motorhome, that might have given her a heart attack! :eek:

WNG

Enlightened
Of course, then again she probably finds nothing odd about 10 pairs of black high heels costing 500.00 per pair.

Brock

Flashaholic
Nice, one of my favorite ones is to pull a L1 out of my pocket and turn it on. Then the other person will say "It's ok, I have a light" then they smugly pull out their 3D mag only to find it about 1/4 the brightness, then they ask to see the light I have and looks at it confused shining them one at a time at a wall.

Priceless...

shanover

Newly Enlightened
I like the looks when I am illuminating some equipment, and they have their 3D mags, and keep haveing to look into the reflector to see if its still on, and still try to shine the beam around like it will help them see something.

swampgator

Enlightened
What's nice is when someone pulls out a stock 3D mag and I pull out my Mag 2C with 3/123s & KPR112. I turn to them and say, "maybe yours is broken?"

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the reactions too :D...the best reactions that I have gotten are when I have an extremely bright light in a small package. Like my mini Mag85's or Mac's MiniMini HID....the first thing that folks see is the brightness of the light :faint:...then when they see the size of the light it came from they are amazed:faint::grin2::faint:...then when they find out how much it cost to either buy or make one....they look at me like I am crazy:shakehead:rant:...Actually it is only the women that look at me like I am crazy:laughing:...their husbands usually pull me aside and say "I want one" :crackup:but don't tell my wife:sssh: