the 2 basic Mag setups all noobs need

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Malkoff and 6ex ...malkoff high output more than decent runtime depending on cells and 6ex for Runtime and more than decent output

my malkoff is actually a magformer to take it a step further with extension tube options 1D through 4D and battery holders for 3 & 4aa ..also note had to sand down the malkoff spring as it digs in the battery holder and also had to improve the battery holder positive tip for better connection ,those who have these 3aa holders know the deal..also malkoffs smooth and stipple reflector but i also bought a aluminum stipple as well which i currently run , its between med/high stipple , nice flood

Last edited:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
That 1d light is cool qip. How long is it and what type of runtime are you getting with that thing

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
the malkoff actually runs in 1 D cell and its like a good bright low ,kinda neat...but as for 4aa i really wanted to run E2 but the malkoff is rated at max 6.3v so fresh E2 are out until voltage drops ,so i had to run 4aa in alks and can hit a little over an hour maybe an hour & 15 minutes ...the 3aa on E2 i dont know but im assuming 2-3+ hours ...hmmm if an L2d can get 2 hours 20 minutes on 2aa e2 pulling 1.4A then the malkoff on 3aa E2 pulling 1amp might make it close to or better runtime of L2d....the length i think is 6-8 inches ,im at work now so i cant measure now

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
is that the kaidomain 3aa trays? whats wrong with the positives?

the positive tip is almost flat flush combine that with the negative being murdered by the stock spring ripping the bottom apart i needed to make it beefier ..so at first i made a solder ball build up but it kept breaking loose off the tip so i made a dune of epoxy and had the solder ball in the center so it would stick better "obviously do not epoxy under solder and + tip otherwise no electric contact is made "...and for the spring i sanded it down so its not so abrupt digging into negative end ,now it just glides like it should

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome, I gotta get one in black with a Malkoff!!!!