• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* Princeton Tec EOS headlamps w/ Cree XRE Q5, Aluminium OP-Reflector

whc

Enlightened
Update 11.20.2007: I have now today received parts to do two more of these, all parts in stock and will be ready to ship the two EOS out tomorrow (Thursday). Please use the PayPal address below for order, the price is still $70 shipped world wide (add $9 for tracking).

If anybody is interested I can mod Princeton Tec EOS headlamps with Cree XR-E Q5 and Aluminium OP-Reflector for smoother beam, with floody and still some throw, perfect for headlamp IMO.

Have some EOS on order, and everything else needed for these mods, have now done about 10 EOS mods, some sold here on CPF, some for my self and some for friends, all positive feedback (use my own daily).

This mod increase the overall output about four times, and still very long runtime and well regulated output.

These are of curse brand new only opened up to do these mods.

The final product will be like this:
DSC04473.JPG

DSC04474.JPG

DSC04478.JPG

DSC04479.JPG

Asking $70 shipped world wide

I will at this stage take "pre-orders", if you want to be the first to get a hand of the first "batch" of EOS with Cree XR-E Q5 and Aluminium OP-Reflector for $70 each/shipped. Expected to be done next week earliest!

Please send PayPal to: [email protected]

I will not be held responsible loss or damage, once handed to post office, only two is available at the "first batch", first to write "I'll take it" followed by payments is the new owner.

---

Some more variations I can do in the future if requests?

1. Mule version, without the reflector and with the Cree emitter/star closer to the lens, creating all floody beam, these can go for about $65 each/shipped?
2. Seoul SSC P4 version, either with Katode plastic reflectors (OP or SMO), I can do those for $65 each/shipped. Or with MCR-18S reflector that is another $14, so these can be made for $79 each/shipped?
3. Seoul SSC P4 with stock plastic optics, which has a very narrow beam and is kind of ringy, but such a mod can be done for $55 each/shipped?

Last edited:

glyphin

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: Princeton Tec EOS headlamps w/ Cree XRE Q5, Aluminium OP-Reflector - $70 shi

I'll take one. Paypal sent. :)

whc

Enlightened
Re: WTS: Princeton Tec EOS headlamps w/ Cree XRE Q5, Aluminium OP-Reflector - $70 shi

Only one left of first batch, more to come if there is buyer!

whc

Enlightened

Bumb, still one left :)...

falconx

Newly Enlightened

I might be interested, PM sent.

whc

Enlightened

PM replied, still up for sale :)...

whc

Enlightened

Bumb: received the headlamps yestoday, now am only waiting for the LED and reflectors...

beetleguise

Enlightened

How durable is this light? I go through headlamps pretty fast. They usually flake out and stop operating correctly, or the angle adjustment breaks, and it flops straight down.

beetleguise

Enlightened

Would it be possible to pay extra for shipping insurance?

whc

Enlightened

How durable is this light? I go through headlamps pretty fast. They usually flake out and stop operating correctly, or the angle adjustment breaks, and it flops straight down.
They are pretty durable, have had mine for some time now, and cannot say I have taken good care of it, but it holds in strong only some scratches, but still works like it should.

beetleguise

Enlightened

One more question whc, how big is the beam at arms distance? And is it too bright at arms distance? I was kind of hoping for a floody light because I will be working with my hands while I wear this. I think this light would be perfect for my work:thumbsup:. PP more than likely in the morning. Thanks!

whc

Enlightened

One more question whc, how big is the beam at arms distance? And is it too bright at arms distance? I was kind of hoping for a floody light because I will be working with my hands while I wear this. I think this light would be perfect for my work:thumbsup:. PP more than likely in the morning. Thanks!
See first post, the beams hot is at 1m distance, if you want all flood, I can make a Mule for you, without the reflector, but then there is no hotspot what so ever, all flood?

beetleguise

Enlightened

Which one would you prefer for working with your hands?

whc

Enlightened

Which one would you prefer for working with your hands?
I like it with reflector, since I personally prefers a brighter hot spot, If I need less light, then I just use medium or low (it has tree levels and a emergency strobe), so would recommend it with reflector, but it is just a matter of taste :)...

whc

Enlightened

I'll take one with reflector. Paypal sent.

bill lafferty
PayPal received, thanks, will keep you updated, am right now just waiting for the reflectors and Cree stars, hope they will be here this week :)...

beetleguise

Enlightened

:paypal: 1 cree q5 with reflector OP, in orange if available please. Thanks!

beetleguise

Enlightened

I forgot to mention, I did pay the extra $9.00 for shipping insurance!
Thanks again!:twothumbs