What light would you use to defend yourself agains Spider Crickets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spider-cricket-hater

Newly Enlightened
The title says it all. All of us know how evil Spider Crickets are. Any ideas what flashlight would be bright enough to blind those scary *******s ?

( or maybe even to kill them with a beam of light ) ??:huh:

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
Well, I dunno anything about Spider Crickets.. however I use a Mag85 to kill spiders all the time, you gotta get pretty close, however they don't like the blinding light, mines got a pretty good flood and not a spot...

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Well my suggesstion isnt a flashlight but will kill them far better. There are a couple of videos on youtube that show how to modify a simple red laser that will actually burn something. I know it works because there is a video of it literally in a couple of seconds burning a cocharoach.

Delta

Enlightened
One of those DX Green Lasers? THAT would be fun! You would be like an Insect-Killing-Death-Star! Bring the Rain!!

EVOeight

Newly Enlightened
I saw a video on Youtube of a guy with a "hotwire" flashilght that would light newspaper on fire in about two seconds. You could probably kill 20 at time with that light. It might only take a one second burst just to burn the legs off, and they would die soon enough.

P.S. Why do you hate them so much, are they noisy or something?

Tubor

Enlightened
I think they are just spider shaped crickets. :shrug: I feed them to my pet gecko. Always getting escapes but they are easily caught (they are harmless and very tame) and they just go straight back in the tank. The cricket sound is therapeutic but it helps getting the "silent" ones - they will eventually start making a small amount of (low-key) noise after a few skin sheds. If you get the black-garden variety, they are incredibly loud, will chirp for days (weeks), in sync and will even try to out do your music!

EVOeight

Newly Enlightened
When you say "defend yourself against" these alleged crickets, how many are attacking you at once? Are we talking one or two "bad seeds" hidding in the grass waiting to jump you for your wallet? Or, are we talking about a full blown assalt by thousands at once? Are these well organized attacks, or just random acts of violence. I see your name is spider-cricket-hater, and you call them "evil". Could these attacks be racially motivated? Could these attacks be justified?

gnubee

Newly Enlightened
My experiance, if I were to ever try something like that which I'd never do, is that WD-40 will just put a lighter out.

easiest with the straw attachment off

start the lighter, then spray the wd40 above the flame. slowly raise lighter until the wd40 ignites.

but wd40 is too messy and not the best choice.

try car starter fluid! it provides a cone of flame that quickly expands to 6 feet in diameter, blinding heat, and a 10 foot range. even the noise this makes is impressive!

i should not have to point this out, but i will anyway:

VERY DANGEROUS TO LIGHT ANYTHING ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!

VERY REAL RISK TO LIFE AND LIMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I think this thread started as a doomed critter and is heading to meet its destiny at high speed. Let's just close it before it gets any more dangerous. Think of the kids reading all the suggestions.

bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.