BugOutGear q5 ?

recercare

Enlightened
Has anyone experience with the Premium Cree Q5 (for SF 6P) from bugoutgearusa?

Kind regards
.lars

Last edited:

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
FYI...

Customers are just starting to receive them now. We're also looking forward to comments and reviews. Second batch should be here any day now.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

donn_

Flashaholic
I got mine today. I took a Malkoff M60 out of my 6PD, and put in the BOG Q5 drop-in. It's definately brighter, and works flawlessly. It's also heavier, which is probably due to the brass, and may be a more effective heatsink.

Since I only have one host, so far, I can't really compare them back-to-back, but I've left the BOG unit in the Surefire, and I'm shopping for another host.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't make the first batch :sigh:, so I am patiently waiting(yeah right) for the next batch to come in. :popcorn: I can't wait. This is going in my 9P. :duck:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Since the company is watching this I have a question: When do you think that your supply will exceed demand so the pre-order stage will be finished and we can purchase them at any time? Just wondering.
I want one of these. And I'd like runtime specs...

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I 'd love to see this in comparison to some other dropins too, like the WE and the Deree. Hopefully someone wll post a comparison n the next couple weeks.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have this coming for my 6PD, so I will be able to compare them after my BOG Q5 arrives...

D26 Digital Q2 Cree LED 3.7-6V *2-Mode (High & Low)
  • Q2 Cree 2-Mode LED *190 Lumen* 3.7-6V D26 Bulb Fits: 6A, D2 and 6H. This bulb also fits Pila flashlights and Surefire™ flashlights that use a P60 bulb.
  • Digital circuit function: High and Low

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told they received 20 ( first batch ) and my pre-order was order 21. I posted this in a separate post. So if the second batch is due any day that is good news. Mine is for the G2. I will post my findings as soon as I receive.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Since the company is watching this I have a question: When do you think that your supply will exceed demand so the pre-order stage will be finished and we can purchase them at any time? Just wondering.
I want one of these. And I'd like runtime specs...

The problem is just that...demand exceeding supply. Our next batch(much bigger) is about 60% sold out. There are still some units available for sale. We have never been able to keep our modules in stock for more than a few weeks after receiving them. We've been selling drop-in modules ever since the "old" Lux III about 3 years now and it's always been that way...

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flavio,

do you know if any of your drop in modules might fit a falcata 6V? I read a (very short) thread here at CPF where someone mentioned he fit a BOG drop in into his falcata 6V with just a little modification but unfortunatelly didn´t mention which type it was. It is a while ago now so it probably was an older luxeon. Do the measures of the different modules differ much?

Eric

Last edited:

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Eric,

I do have a 6V Falcata that I can test one on, but won't have access to it until Monday. Ill let you know.

Thank you,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I couldn't take it anymore.Just ordered one. Hopefully I'm in the next batch. I want to try it in my G2. Hopefully it will survive in that. If not, I'm thinking of picking up C2 or C3 for it. Any comments?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have noticed that these new Q5 dropin's input voltage is 4.5v to 9v. Does this mean that they cannot be used with one 3.7v rechargable li-on battery such as a 17670?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
That's the biggest reason for my holdout on pre-order, I want to use 1 18650! It should work but slightly dimmer and in direct drive status. But I need back up testimony from users first.

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
Order placed,

I'm hoping the reports form the 1st batch will be AMAZING and I don't want to miss out on the 2nd

SF C3 arrives today for a host