2 C cell LED conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I found a nice oracle 2 C cell flashlight on sale at Walmart for half price today.
Here is a picture of it I found on the web.

pentagondefense_1618_2310915

They had all different colors. I got just the plain aluminum with no color. Regular price $15. I got it for $6.95. Not a bad deal. As soon as I got it home I broke the glass out of the bulb and soldered in a 5600mcd white LED and sealed around it with hot glue. No resistor this time. I took a peice of that thick black rubber tube you can buy at the hardware store and cut it just a little bit shorter then the length of 3 N cells. I then wrapped black electrical tape around the batteries so they would fit a little snug when inserted in the tube. I took a roofing nail (the kind with the large round head) and pulled out the nail part leaving me with a nice round peice of metal with a small hole in the center. I put a blob of solder in the hole to make it stick out and make a better contact with the flashlight contact by the head of the light. I took the tail cap off of the light and dropped in the metal peice with the solder blob facing down into the flashlight. I dropped in the battery tube made from the black rubber tube with the 3 N cells inside. Then I pulled off the big spring in the tailcap and held a nut inside. Then screwed a very large round headed bolt into the nut attaching it to the small end of the spring. This screwed down and made a good contact with the back end of the last battery sticking out of the battery tube. Nice bright light. Big reflector and very light.
Overall, quite a fun project.

Status
Not open for further replies.